Radioactive Dog Bowls

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by argon_0, Jul 7, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

This may be of some concern for US dog owners who have bought stainless steel pet bowls from a store called Petco.
    Some of their bowls were found to contain low levels of radioactive material.
    Apparently improper disposal of medical and industrial equipment ended up in the recycling process of the scrap metal industry. When we all thought we were doing the right thing it came back and bit us on the ...:eek:

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/13498299-418/radioactive-bowls-found-at-chicago-pet-store.html

argon_0, Jul 7, 2012
  2. argon_0

Melody Well-Known Member

That's kind of scary! I do have stainless steel bowls for Misha. The original ones were from Petco. I'm pretty sure that I replaced these after she was a year or so old because her first bowls got stained and looked crummy. I got them from PetSmart or Jeffers Pet. I can't remember. I know it wasn't Petco as I don't shop there. There isn't one nearby.

Hopefully, the level of radiation found isn't enough to harm anyone. Though, if I had these bowls I might be inclined to replace them.

Melody, Jul 8, 2012
  3. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

That was alarming and pet owners should really have and/or use better options.
    We do use glass bowl (bowl for humans Lol) for our dogs or sometimes ceramic bowls.

zararina, Jul 8, 2012
Ask a Question