Rabies

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by remnant, Jul 15, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Rabies is a feared debilitating disease that belongs to the class of diseases called zoonotics. Rabies is contracted when domestic animals like dogs come into contact with domestic animals. Rabies can be contracted through bites or scratches from infected animals. Its referred in some circles as the world's most diabolical disease because of its gruesome manifestations on its victims like frothing and hydrophobia as well as a strange form of morbidity. It is nearly 100 fatal when symptoms begin to present and vaccination of both pets and family members is very crucial.

remnant, Jul 15, 2016
  2. remnant

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I know my dog is due for the rabies shot in August, and a load of others too. I just go by the guideline of the vet and give him all the shots that he needs. Although, I would love to naturally treat him with natural stuffs, but that won't keep him from all the sickness out there. He is up to date with his vaccine until the end of August.

IcyBC, Jul 21, 2016
  3. remnant

cluckeyo Active Member

Except for the rabies vaccine, you can buy all other vaccines at TSC and administer them at home. It is s a great cost savings if you are comfortable with administering the vaccines. Rabies however, must be given by a vet. Our local vet holds a shot clinic each spring and 5 you can get what you need, for around $5.

cluckeyo, Jul 21, 2016
  4. remnant

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our dogs have their regular vaccine which is administered by the vet (who comes over for home service). But aside from that, we are very careful not to allow our dogs out of the gate for there are stray dogs in our place and they are suspect of having rabies. The only time our dogs can go out of the gate is when they are riding the car. Even just stepping on the road is not good for dogs for there might be diseases in the street, we don't really know.

Corzhens, Jul 21, 2016
Ask a Question