Putting dogs in clothes

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Making this thread made me think of this: http://www.dog-forums.com/threads/dogs-dressed-as-super-heroes.289/

While I think it's really creative to dress them up for holidays like that, I hate seeing when people constantly have their dogs in sweaters and booties. It's so awkward!

What about you? Do you dress yours up? Do they like it?

Jessi, Apr 3, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Although dog looks cute when being dressed, I think it should not be on a daily basis too specially when they look not so comfortable with it.
    We had tried putting some clothes on our dog and he really does not like it and he is uncomfortable with it. So we never dress him again.

zararina, Apr 4, 2012
  3. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, I won't dress up my dogs for any reason. The most I have done was to tie a bow on my Shih Tzu. That was to keep its hair out of its eyes. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Apr 9, 2012
  4. Jessi

wils172 Active Member

For a smaller dog then I can see dressing them up occasionally.. but for the larger breeds it just doesn't make much sense to me.

wils172, Apr 9, 2012
  5. Jessi

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I never dress dogs up on a daily basis. I think the one time we got close to doing this was when we had a beagle. She had super short hair so we would put a little coat on her when she'd go out to go potty in winter. Didn't want her to get too cold.

dkramarczyk, Apr 11, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think that's a little different if it's for the purpose of increased "quality of life," so to speak. There's a difference in trying to help her see easier than shoving her into full costumes that make her uncomfortable.

Jessi, Apr 11, 2012
Ask a Question