Puppy Playdates

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Jun 20, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Do you bring your puppy or dogs in playdates? I know some owners have met and agreed on bringing their dogs over to socialize and make friends with other dogs in order to increase their exposure to meeting new ones. How was it? Did it go badly or did your dog/puppy have fun with his/her new friend?

I had been planning to bring Chooey to meet her brother again and establish a friendship between the brother's owner. We are hoping that after Chooey is done with her vaccination that we would be able to spend some quality time with her brother.

haopee, Jun 20, 2012
  2. haopee

tajnz Well-Known Member

If I had a puppy I would consider a puppy play date. Why not? I've heard the earlier you socalize puppies the better they will be with other dogs when they are older. I think it's a wonderful idea introducing Chooey to her brother as I've found dogs from the same litter often are great friends. My childdogs were inseperable and were sisters from the same litters who were seperated for awhile. :)

tajnz, Jun 20, 2012
  3. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

I have not tried that with our dogs.
    We usually have more than one dog so they have playmates already. Right now, there are three dogs in our compound and they are playmates. ;)

zararina, Jun 20, 2012
  4. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have never done it, nor would it be something I would probably give much thought if I ever get another puppy either. It certainly makes sense and could be of great benefit to some, but I'm just not sure I'd think to do it!

Jessi, Jun 25, 2012
Ask a Question