Puppy Checklist: Getting off to a Great Start

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

A very useful article for all those people thinking of getting a puppy very soon. This article lists all the things you should get very even bringing the puppy to your place.

Buying the Right Puppy Supplies

[​IMG]

Few events are as exciting in life as the addition of a new furry friend. With a new pet comes great responsibility, and great mountains of puppy supplies. Preparation is the key to a successful transition — having some of the items you know you will need ready to go before Fido arrives will make the process go much more easily! Make sure you have these puppy checklist items on hand before you’re distracted by a licking, happy ball of fur in the house.

Full article here: http://www.pet360.com/dog/adoption/...g-off-to-a-great-start/lO_8eOVW-ESHSaIOVFL7Fw

Trellum, Jan 11, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This article is very interesting, I'm sure that many people will find it helpul. When I got Homer, I didn't know anything about dogs. Fortunately, my mother had had a few dogs before, so she knew what to buy and how to take care of a little puppy:D
    I remember that I bought Homer toys that were too big for him, but he still wanted to play with them:p

claudine, Jan 16, 2014
  3. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

It is useful especially for first time puppy owners. :)
    Right that pet comes great responsibility and great fun as well.

zararina, Jan 16, 2014
  4. Trellum

Thanks, girls! I posted this in hopes it'd come in handy to someone thinking of getting a new puppy and didn't know where to start. There are so many things that need to be gathered before getting a puppy, I think this article covers most of them.

Trellum, Jan 16, 2014
  5. Trellum

It definitely does! I wish I knew all of this sooner. Getting a puppy can be really stressful, especially if it's your first dog ever. I remember that I had given Homer too much food at first and he started vomiting. I was completely terrified:( I didn't know what to do. Fortunately, he felt better quickly.

claudine, Jan 20, 2014
  6. Trellum

Ouch!!! That can be pretty scary! I made a lot mitakes as well when I first owned a dog. But hey! At least we learnt from our mistakes ;) Next time we have a puppy we will be ready!

Trellum, Jan 20, 2014
  7. Trellum

True:) Now, we know what to expect. On the other hand, every puppy is a little different. I had a chance to meet Homer's sister. I remember that she was very shy and she was hiding from people. Homer was very brave and cheerful. He started running when he saw us and wanted to play:)

claudine, Feb 1, 2014
Ask a Question