Puppies outgrow their favorite spots

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's a fact of life.... puppies grow up and sometimes that means outgrowing their favorite spots, too. Does your dog have a spot that he still tries to get into, even though he doesn't really fit any more?

Jessi, Dec 4, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

The photos are cute! ;)
    Our dog does not have a spot that he had outgrew since his favorite spot is under the table.

zararina, Dec 4, 2012
  3. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Aww...my Homer had a doggie bed with a roof, something like this, only smaller:

[​IMG]

When he became too big to fit in the hole, he started to sleep on the roof:p

claudine, Dec 5, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

That's funny. My cat used to have one like that and she *always* slept on the roof. Not once did I ever see her sleeping in the middle of it, even when I would constantly fluff it back up. She would insist on climbing on top, flattening it down, and sleeping up there.

Jessi, Dec 6, 2012
  5. Jessi

With Homer it was different, as a puppy, he loved sleeping in the middle of it, it was bought for him during his first day in our house and I think he felt safe in it, he hid in it instantly. But with time he became too big and too self-confident to sleep in it:p

claudine, Dec 6, 2012
  6. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Good thing this doesn't happen for smaller breeds. A friend of mine owns a Great Dane who loved sleeping in one of their arm chairs. After 6 months, only his behind was able to fit on the space where he used to curl up in.

Poor guy was probably trying to figure out why he could no longer fit the arm chair.

haopee, Dec 7, 2012
  7. Jessi

It can happen to smaller breads because when they're puppies, they usually like sleeping in very tiny places:p . It happened to my Homer, he is already too big for his old bed:p

claudine, Dec 7, 2012
  8. Jessi

pigeon_small Active Member

To me its hilarious when about five dogs try to share the same tiny bed. Because they all used to sleep there as little puppies.

pigeon_small, Dec 9, 2012
  9. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

These photos are adorable and funny. Although, I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for the dog. He wanted his favorite spot, even if he could no longer fit in the spot the way he use to.

pafjlh, Dec 9, 2012
  10. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

I don't have this problem with Misha she started out at 2 lb and topped out at 10. She had to grow into her stuff. :D

It does remind me of my brother's Doberman. I used to take care of their Doberman and two Mini Pinschers when they had to travel on weekends for their daughter's soccer games. They would bring over this black bed that the dogs loved. Then, one trip the Dobie was too big for the bed. She was growing much faster than her brother, the Mini Pinscher. ;) But, that didn't stop her from curling up in it. It took her several minutes to get comfortable. Then, she laid down, legs sticking out all over the place. She was determined to sleep in that bed!

Oh, this also reminds me of Sierra. When she was a pup, she loved to crawl under my bed and roll around. It was a low bed. One day I heard dog screams. I went to look. She was stuck upside down under the bed. Her legs were trapped. We had to lift the bed and pull her out.

Melody, Dec 11, 2012
  11. Jessi

Lex Active Member

Oh, that's so cute! None of my dogs grew very quickly (or very much, for that matter), after we adopted them. The only one that's done any such thing was Dumbledore. When we got him, he slept on the couch and with me, most nights. But, now? At eleven months old, he stands (on his hind legs, that is) at five feet and weighs something around 70lbs. He grew so quickly and so vigorously that he's now mainly an outside dog!

Lex, Jan 18, 2013
  12. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My biggest dog used to love hiding under the bed. He tried it again a few weeks ago...and ended up getting stuck. I had to help him out. I don't even know how he fit himself under there in the first place now that he's full grown, but somehow he wiggled his way into being stuck.
    He didn't learn his lesson though, he still keeps trying to get back under there again. Poor big guy, lol.

Nick87, Feb 6, 2013
Ask a Question