Pumpkin to aid stomach digestion..

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Evilsprinkles, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Evilsprinkles

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Our experience with Sherlock snaffling cat food, and the sickness/diarrhoea he suffered afterwards, had me researching various methods to help settle his stomach again, once his twenty-four hour fast was up. I was faffing around on Pinterest as I usually do each day, and I came across this:

Pumpkin biscuits for dogs

Now my other dog Lily, LOVES pumpkin in its raw form. Sherlock, not so much. So the idea of being able to bake it into a palatable recipe for him to eat, was very attractive. I'm going to paste the recipe here, because the site has had a LOT of traffic to it, and so the page sometimes returns errors. The recipe uses brown rice flour, and NOT wheat flour, as dogs can't digest wheat.

Please try and visit the site directly, there's a story the blogger has to share along with her recipe. With the coming Halloween season, I'm going to give these a shot for my dogs.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 9, 2012
  2. Evilsprinkles

claudine Well-Known Member

Sherlock is a cute name:D These biscuits sound very good, I wonder if Homer would like them. He doesn't like raw pumpkin very much, but he eats it anyway since he is always hungry:p I think I'll try to bake this, because I grow pumpkin in my garden.

claudine, Sep 9, 2012
  3. Evilsprinkles

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

It's ironic, because Sherlock isn't very smart. He's brain damaged, and so as much as he's affectionate and a lovely dog, he's very dim LOL

As for the taste, the dog mentioned in the blog wouldn't eat raw pumpkin, but would eat the biscuits. So I'm guessing the recipe made it more attractive to the dog's palate.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 10, 2012
  4. Evilsprinkles

claudine Well-Known Member

Dim dogs are cute too:p
    Then there is a chance that Homer will like the biscuits. I'm definitely going to bake them. I just need to wait until my pumpkin is ready to harvest. This pumpkin was supposed to be for me, because I love pumpkin but I guess I'll share it with my lovely dog - as I always do with almost everything:p

claudine, Sep 10, 2012
Ask a Question