Preventing Doggie Breath

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by iluvmario, Sep 26, 2012.

1. iluvmario

iluvmario Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried a dog treat that actually helped your dog's breath? We brush his teeth about every other day and use a product help with tarter and that sort of thing. He's been a little stinky for about a month. We didn't change his diet. I'm not sure what else to try.

iluvmario, Sep 26, 2012
  2. iluvmario

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

It could be the age. My 3 year old pup doesn't have bad breath at all, but my mom's 11 year old dog, her breath stinks so terribly!
    Also, as disgusting as this sounds; it could be that your dog is eating his or her poop as well. Do you watch him or when you take them outside to do their duty? There are a lot of dogs that eat their own poop, and it causes stinky breath.

Anyways, getting back to your original question, I have never tried those doggy mints, but I heard they are a great seller at the pet stores!

dashboardc33, Sep 26, 2012
  3. iluvmario

claudine Well-Known Member

I buy for Homer those doggy mints, they work pretty good and, what is the most important, he loves them! He plays with them. Usually, he doesn't play with his food, he just eat it as fast as he can, but when it comes to doggy mints, he takes his time. He always tosses it up, it looks very funny:D

claudine, Sep 26, 2012
  4. iluvmario

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Cinnamon. It's a great natural breath freshener, and dogs love it. We give our dogs a cinnamon stick to chew on each week, and it works wonders. I wouldn't clean your dog's teeth too often, just give them access to a raw bone, or a sterilised bone, NEVER roasted or cooked. That'll keep their teeth clean, and you can give the dog cinnamon as and when you want to. Just don't give too much of it.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 26, 2012
  5. iluvmario

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Buddy and Oso eat dog biscuits all the time. I have to admit that I haven't noticed that either of them have bad breath. Believe me with how close Buddy gets to me to try to lick me on the face I would notice if he had bad breath or not.

pafjlh, Sep 26, 2012
  6. iluvmario

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Dogs eat cinnamon? I would have never guessed. I wonder if you could give them some cinnamon Quaker Oatmeal cereal too?

OhioTom76, Sep 27, 2012
Ask a Question