Potato always wants to eat!

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Aawg, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Aawg

Aawg Member

My dog Potato always wants food!
    This vid is taken just after she had her dinner :D
    Do your dogs do the same when you eat?

Aawg, Apr 15, 2013
  2. Aawg

MzMonka Well-Known Member

That's a cute video. My dogs don't do anything like that when we eat. I have one that sits on her hind legs for treats but they are not allowed near the table when we are having a meal. Too much temptation to give them something that could be bad for them.

MzMonka, Apr 15, 2013
  3. Aawg

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dog is not allowed to do that and he never did that. He was just lying beside the table and waiting for me to finish. The moment I finish eating and stand up, he will become too exited and waiting for more food.

zararina, Apr 15, 2013
  4. Aawg

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think this is just the result of conditioning. Dogs become what they are from either training or non-training. Like when a dog begs for food and it's rewarded with food, then it gets the idea that begging for food is the right thing to do. It has nothing to do with hunger. It has more to do with wanting to get the approval of the master.

Victor Leigh, Apr 15, 2013
  5. Aawg

claudine Well-Known Member

Lol, she is so cute, I like how she is using her paws to bring your attention, it's adorable - but it might be also a little annoying - does she do it every day?
    My Homer doesn't beg, he just stares. He sits in front of me and he watches me eating, he can be very patient:p

claudine, Apr 16, 2013
Ask a Question