Poor Tisoy

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Corzhens, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Tisoy is our 8-year old dog from a pomeranian and spitz. He has a deformity in his front feet. When he was a puppy, we would hear him crying only to see that he had hurt one of his front feet. When he turned 1 year old, both his front feet were already deformed. But it's not due to accident, Tisoy is the product of father and daughter. That in-breeding may have caused the abnormality of Tisoy's weak bones. But now, he is okay although his front paws don't look normal. IMG_1933 tisoy.JPG

Corzhens, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Corzhens

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Poor Tisoy! I am glad you are giving him a loving home and care for him! In-breeding causes so many problems and so is over-breeding by one female. The dog has all kind of problems!

IcyBC, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Corzhens

claudine Well-Known Member

Poor thing:( Can he walk and run normally? I hope yes. There is nothing more heartbreaking than sick or injured dogs who can't run:(
    He looks really cute!

claudine, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

It's just sad because Tisoy has a problem with his right rear foot. We were in Singapore last weekend and Tisoy was limping when we came home last Monday. The vet gave him a shot of pain reliever and anti-biotic which he is taking now for 7 days. But until now he is still limping as if his foot (not leg) is in pain. I'm really sad about this because the vet does not know the exact problem. Maybe I need to bring Tisoy to another vet.

Corzhens, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Corzhens

claudine Well-Known Member

Going to a different vet sounds like a very good idea, Corzhens. Some time ago, my Homer was limping too, but our vet didn't prescribe him antibiotics. Usually, there is no need for it.

claudine, Dec 9, 2015
  6. Corzhens

Trellum Well-Known Member

Poor thing :( It's so sad, I've heard about the effects of inbreeding, but I had never seen them with my own eyes. I hope he feels better soon, it must be so hard for him to walk with this.

Trellum, Dec 18, 2015
Ask a Question