Playful dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by zararina, Jan 4, 2012.

1. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

Is your dog playful? Or the one who just like to lay down all day and get up when it was feeding time already? :p

Our dog was playful and really lively. Although there are times he seems serious and would just like to guard around the house.

zararina, Jan 4, 2012
  2. zararina

aimend13 Active Member

My dog Selina is probably a mix between the two. She loves just laying around with you either on the couch or on my bed, but at the same time she sometimes gets into these incredibly playful mood where all she wants to do is jump around and play with you.

aimend13, Jan 4, 2012
  3. zararina

King Browny Well-Known Member

Yup. At home, we have male dogs mostly so it’s like a riot when you play with one the rest would join. There were like, “Me, too! Hey, me first!” and they would try to outdo each other. They love to play. If you won’t play with them they would play with each other or play with the neighboring dogs. And they are naughty, too. This happens to three of our dogs. Each one had break in an open apartment and pee in the living room. They kind of take the house as their urinal. It’s a good thing that neighbor is veeeeeeeery understanding or else there’s lots to pay.

King Browny, Jan 6, 2012
  4. zararina

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs are super playful, but they're learning to settle down and rest during the day when they need to now. They have a schedule of waking up being playful, then relaxing, then playing again, then relaxing again, etc. all day.

Nick87, Jan 15, 2012
  5. zararina

claudine Well-Known Member

It depends. In the morning, Homer prefers to sleep and I'm pretty sure that he would bite me if I tried to encourage him to play:p
    He is the most active around 2 pm, this is when he wants to run and play fetch. In the evening, he goes to bed again.

claudine, Sep 14, 2013
  6. zararina

trishgl Well-Known Member

When chacha was a puppy she'd play till all of us were tired. Not only would we need to walk her in the morning and the early evening so she'd burn off excess energy we also had to play with her during the afternoon. Now that she is older she does not play as much anymore. She does however snuggle against us more now than she did when she was younger. After her walks she usually just lays on the living room carpet near our feet.

trishgl, Sep 19, 2013
  7. zararina

claudine Well-Known Member

It's the same with Homer. It's a really good thing that they're so playful only when they're puppies, otherwise it would be exhausting to own a dog. I love looking at him when he is playing though, because he always looks so happy. When he was younger, he used to run randomly around the house as fast as he could:p

claudine, Sep 19, 2013
  8. zararina

Trellum Well-Known Member

Frida has always seemed very playful and lively, but when I got her home she turned out not so playful. I mean, she'd not be a good match for a little boy or girl to be honest. She was too calm and didn't even like to play with her ball for too long, I guess for her fun is hunting rats and nothing else.

Trellum, Jun 17, 2015
  9. zararina

Winterybella Well-Known Member

The most playful is Ginger my newest family member. As mischievous as she is, it's a real delight to watch her hop and skip about and try to get the others involved. She even has my super shy/ indifferent Remy to get involved sometimes. That's to die for watching Remy play but it doesn't last for long. Zola who was the playful one has been tamed of sorts by Ginger.

Winterybella, Jun 17, 2015
  10. zararina

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Now that my old man is gone, I have 5 dogs. My 1 1/2 year old and my 3 month old are the playful, MAKE you play with them, type. The other 3 are the "I hate this heat, I love the cold floor" type. They'll get up when they want a new, cooler spot on the floor and that's about it.

LilAnn, Jun 30, 2015
  11. zararina

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My dog is a combined of both! He lays around in the house, sometimes plays by himself with his favorite toy, or chewing on his bone. When we are outside, he loves to play fetch, and he can play this game for a long time.

IcyBC, Jul 24, 2015
Ask a Question