Our pack

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Janet Ford, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

These are the members of our canine family.
    DSCF2002.JPG
    Sadie; 2 yr old GSD and service dog in training.
    lucyfeb2014.jpg
    Lucy; 8 yr old border collie. We refer to her as 'mama Lucy' as she is the maternal one in the pack. She also comes into milk for not just puppies but also other baby animals. She nursed Kaizen from 6 wks of age until 18 wks after we adopted Kaizen from the local animal control.
    DSCF2378.JPG
    Susie; 13 yr old cavalier king Charles spaniel. My first show dog and was the foundation of my former breeding program when I raised/showed CKCS.
    BrianTootsie.jpg
    Tootsie; 13 yr old rat terrier, JRT, mountain feist mix. Both parents were world champion squirrel dogs. We purchased her for our son when he was 12 yrs old. He tried taking her when he moved out as an adult but she was too stressed so came back to us.
    DSCF2305.JPG
    Kaizen; 2 yr old GSD/Beauceron mix with splash of husky. Trained as my service dog but was washed out for being 'overly friendly' with strangers and having car sickness that couldn't be cured.

Janet Ford, Oct 22, 2015
    Becky and claudine like this.
  2. Janet Ford

claudine Well-Known Member

What a beautiful family!:D All your dogs look very happy. Do they get along well? I'd love to have more dogs, but my little Yorkie is a loner, he doesn't like other animals.

claudine, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

Thank you so much. Yes, they are a happy crew. They do love one another. Like siblings, they have their days, but, for the most part, they get along really well. I had a jealousy issue between Sadie and Susie but training seems to have resolved that problem.

Janet Ford, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Janet Ford

Trellum Well-Known Member

You have a very beautiful dog and human family :) You weren't kidding when you said it was a big family :eek: They all look so happy and it's so easy to see you do take really god care of all them.

Trellum, Oct 25, 2015
  5. Janet Ford

I'm very happy to hear it:)
    One of my biggest dreams is to have two or three dogs. Maybe one day it will come true, who knows. I just hope they'll get along. I'm afraid nothing can make my Yorkie less jealous.

claudine, Oct 27, 2015
  6. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

Maybe you should consider taking your yorkie to some fun dog groups like dog obedience classes or maybe even something like agility if you think he'd enjoy it. I'm not a fan of dog parks for health reasons but there are countless multi-dog experiences to be had out there in controlled environments with experienced dog trainers/owners that you could see how your yorkie would react and maybe get some first hand pointers on dealing with any issues that he may have. Even if you don't get another dog, the experience could be really rewarding for both of you.

Janet Ford, Oct 27, 2015
  7. Janet Ford

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Well it's a delight to see this happy family. Mrs. All up in my face Ginger is here trying to get in on the action and be all over my laptop. She probably wants to be introduced. Your family looks very happy and they have some interesting stories.

Winterybella, Oct 28, 2015
  8. Janet Ford

IcyBC Well-Known Member

What a wonderful and beautiful family! I have always admired Caviler King Charles and wanted one, but the price for this breed is way too much for me to afford. We now have a mutt and happy with him.

IcyBC, Oct 30, 2015
  9. Janet Ford

Unfortunately, there are no dog groups in my city, I've never heard of any. I guess I could hire an experienced dog trainer, but I can't afford it.
    Every day, we meet a lot of dogs in the park. Homer is very aggressive towards most of them. He really doesn't want to make new friends:(

claudine, Oct 30, 2015
  10. Janet Ford

lexinonomous Member

Oh my goodness, you have an adorable little family! It's nice to see such love going into the doggies in your family. I love to see people spend quality time with their pups. It's a wonderful thing to see them included throughout your family photos. They are just too cute. :)

lexinonomous, Nov 8, 2015
Ask a Question