On special Holidays, will you feed your dogs a special meal?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SweetBeast, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

I know of people that really go all out for their dogs( cats too), with elaborate yet healthy meals for their dogs! As most we ever did, when I was a kid, was give our pets a few extra dog treats. I will reduce a bit of dry food for Bobbi, & give her a lot of extra peas & carrots for the next 2 dinners. That's about the best I can do.

You ?

[​IMG]

SweetBeast, Dec 24, 2012
  2. SweetBeast

Jessi Well-Known Member

Of course!

I don't do any elaborate meals, no. But we tend to have a special dinner ourselves, and I will use portions of that in order to give him a special meal as well. And of course he will get lots of extra treats....not a crazy amount, but still more than he should have. :p

Jessi, Dec 24, 2012
  3. SweetBeast

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Poor Mishka is currently on a strict diet having had what we think was an irritable bowel problem.
    She seems happy enough with her diet. I think. :(

argon_0, Dec 24, 2012
  4. SweetBeast

iluvmario Well-Known Member

I bought some canned dog food for my two little Yorkies. Just a special little treat since they usually eat dry food.

iluvmario, Dec 25, 2012
  5. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Jessi, if your meal is special for you, no doubt it is special for your four legged furry! I also do the same with Bobbi, as i give her several treats as well, albeit the snacks are 90% fat free - ask her & I feel she would say, no, 90% fat free doesn't bother me in the least !

Argon_0, is Mishka on this diet for a pre-determined time or until when she gets better or both ? Sorry she is not feeling 100%, but I know you're taking great care of her - wishing her the best!

Iluvmario, that's a nice idea as canned food is designed for dogs, so while your yorkies don't usually eat it, it will be a welcomed treat for them !

Have a blessed day with your furry families !

SweetBeast, Dec 25, 2012
  6. SweetBeast

zararina Well-Known Member

What we had ate or prepared for the holidays are being shared with our dog, cat and neighbor dog ( the dog that was always in our place). LOL :p

zararina, Dec 25, 2012
  7. SweetBeast

claudine Well-Known Member

During holidays, I feed Homer with his regular dog food. He isn't picky at all, he just wants to get a lot of food, he doesn't need anything special. But he gets more treats than usual:D

claudine, Dec 25, 2012
  8. SweetBeast

Lex Active Member

My dogs always become a little bit spoiled around the holidays. You see, my uncle comes and visits, and he always prepares 97% of our holiday meals, right? Well, our dogs absolutely love the ham that he makes and he's always happy to share a little bit. They never get too much, so as not to be unhealthy, but that's pretty much their treat when it comes to the holidays.

Lex, Jan 9, 2013
Ask a Question