Natural Dog Treats

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by IcyBC, Aug 20, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Whenever I need to buy some treats for Capone, I always try to stay on budget and buy treats that have less ingredients, no artificial flavors, and no artificial colors. I read the label more careful when I buy foods/treats for him than I do for my own consumption!

Some time I spent way too much time doing this, and my son get annoyed with my obsession! Do you do this too? Read the label and the ingredients before you buy?

IcyBC, Aug 20, 2015
  2. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

You take a very good care of Capone, he's lucky he has you:)
    I sometimes do it too. But the truth is that I rarely buy Homer treats. He prefers getting raw carrot slices and small pieces of my bread:)

claudine, Aug 21, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I just stick with carrot and apple slices to be on the healthy side, but once in a while, he just needs to be give something different :) It is just me though, I think like that. I have more fun shopping for him than for myself or for my son. We are just too picky, and Capone is happy he gets anything at all, lol.

IcyBC, Aug 26, 2015
  4. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

I no longer buy treats for the dog or the cat, not with all those complaints about all those dog food brands... I rather avoid them. I make my own treats for them, for the cat is usually liver and fish bits cooked by me ;) For the dog some scrambled egg will do. They love it.

Trellum, Aug 26, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. IcyBC

Haha, I love spending time in pet stores too:D
    Does Capone like salad? Homer always steals salad from my sister's tortoises. It's one of his favorite vegetables.

claudine, Aug 27, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I haven't tried salad with him yet! He loves chocolate mint leaves though, and when I am out in the garden, I always gave him some leaves. It is so funny watching him trying to chew the flat leaf :)

IcyBC, Aug 27, 2015
  7. IcyBC

I think there is a big possibility he'd like salad:) It's such a cheap and healthy treat. Homer eats it a few times a week. Maybe I'll start giving him herbs too:)

claudine, Aug 28, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  8. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I avoid all products that label "Made In China", and this includes toys! It is awful since those products are usually cheaper but full of things that I can't even pronounce or know what they are. I just wish we don't import so many things from China, including clothes.

IcyBC, Aug 28, 2015
  9. IcyBC

@IcyBC I know what you mean, I don't like the idea of eating something from china! I try to stay away from that kind of things, even cookware, because I just don't trust them at all. Here in the west we do use some dangerous chemicals too, but in china is much worse, I think, those companies have so little regard for the health of the people those products are targeted to D: They just don't care. I wish we didn't import so much of the things they make too :( I read about cancer causing chemicals being found in bras not so long ago... D:

Trellum, Aug 28, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  10. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

@Trellum Be careful with clothing too! I once bought a dress pant for my son, but since it is hard to find anything that fit him, I finally just bought one that seem to fit him perfectly without looking, and I only need to shorten up the hem for him.

The day after, while I was preparing to fix the pant, I came across a label on the pant that said wearing this pant may bring harm to the productive system. When I read that, I thought I didn't read it right! I can't believe they could sell this sort of things to children, and knew that it could damage the Productive system in the child. Long story short, I took the pant back to the store, showed them the label, and of course, they don't care bit about it.

Now, I am extremely nervous when buying clothes!

IcyBC, Aug 29, 2015
  11. IcyBC

@IcyBC Oh... my, for real?! That sounds awful! How can they sell that? It's crazy, specially when we are talking about a child. Was it made in China? At least they were honest about the damage, I am worried about the clothes we buy everyday that doesn't come with labels. Just the other day I was reading about a girl who had an allergic reaction to the formaldehyde found in her clothing. Jesus... they don't need to add that crap to our clothes! You might want to read this: http://www.kare11.com/story/entertainment/television/programs/kare-11-extras/2013/12/03/3836229/

Trellum, Aug 29, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  12. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Yes, it was made in China! California prohibited the sales of clothing from this brand, but other States, like Michigan, anything goes! It is really awful that when making clothes for children, they allowed those chemicals in them. Seem to me like nothing is safe anymore and we just have to take risks everyday.

IcyBC, Sep 7, 2015
  13. IcyBC

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Trellum does not like the China story at all!!! I saw some reading like that on the label of some bags I had bought and it made me very uncomfortable. A customer read the label and decided to leave the bag. I understood completely and I think I brought it home. I never observed it with any of the girls clothing. I have not bought them anything in clothing recently. Ginger is yet to try on a dress. I suspect she will eat it. I have been making their treats a lot recently so I am in control of what goes into them.

Winterybella, Sep 8, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  14. IcyBC

@IcyBC Yeah, I feel so sorry for those babies :( It breaks my heart to think parents buy clothes for their babies thinking they are making the right choice and said piece of clothes poses no risk to their baby, only to be shocked by something like this:

[​IMG]

I think most of our clothes are also soaked in it. I ordered a blouse (last year) from a local seller, I ordered a fw, but one of them didn't even have a label or anything. It smelled bad, like chemical-like. I had to throw it away... something that smells like that can't be good.

Trellum, Sep 8, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  15. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think this is why we must wash all the clothes that we bought before putting on our bodies, @Trellum . The government should take care of its people more attentively and carefully.

@Winterybella making your own treats and foods are the best thing we can do for them!

IcyBC, Sep 8, 2015
Ask a Question