Nail clippers or dremel tool?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by millenia, Aug 2, 2013.

1. millenia

millenia New Member

Which do you prefer, clippers or a dremel tool? I use both depending on the dog. My sheltie and doberman are fine with the dremel tool but my maltese has hair too long so I use clippers on her. I find that if I do it after a bath when her nails are soft, they are much easier to clip. I do have to watch those long hairs on my sheltie's body, though, to be sure none of them get caught in the dremel.

millenia, Aug 2, 2013
  2. millenia

claudine Well-Known Member

Unfortunately my Homer hates when I'm touching his paws, he bites me whenever I try to do this. So usually I ask his groomer to clip his nails. I prefer not to clip them myself because I'm too scared of hurting him unwittingly:( The groomer uses special clippers.

claudine, Aug 7, 2013
  3. millenia

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog does not need to trim his nails as it does not grow long or longer. It was a good thing since he also does not want his paws to be disturbed. :p

zararina, Aug 7, 2013
  4. millenia

haopee Well-Known Member

I'm more of a clipper fan.There aren't many dremel tools being sold here. Or if there are, they are twice, three times more expensive than a good pair clippers. We do have dogs who have unbelievably long nails, especially the senior ones.

One of our dogs is scared of the clipper. He is smart enough to put two and two together. When someone holds his paws, he will immediately yelp.

By the way millenia, your Maltese is so cute.

haopee, Sep 17, 2013
Ask a Question