My male Yorkshire terrier

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by morst, Mar 27, 2012.

1. morst

morst Active Member

[​IMG] 03.JPG Hello guys,

I want you to meet Kobe, my male Yorkshire terrier. He is pretty small compared to the standard Yorkshire terrier size. He will be two years old this coming June. Can't wait to use him as a stud for my female yorkie named Chelsea.

morst, Mar 27, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  2. morst

zararina Well-Known Member

Hi there Kobe.;)
    He looked so well groomed and cute. He could be a superstar! :p

zararina, Mar 27, 2012
  3. morst

King Browny Well-Known Member

Yes! I think so, too, he could be a celebrity. Why he's so cute especially with that long bangs he can make girls scream with delight. :D

King Browny, Mar 29, 2012
  4. morst

Becky Well-Known Member

Such a gorgeous boy! I really like Yorkies, they've got great little personalities (from my experience they tend to think they are big dogs!)

Becky, Mar 29, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  5. morst

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's a lovely dog. Is that his natural color? I haven't seen any of his breed with such a golden red hue.

Victor Leigh, Mar 29, 2012
  6. morst

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Oh, he's adorable!

SheWolfSilver, Mar 29, 2012
  7. morst

I really think his hair stylish did a great job accentuating his fur. I wonder if there’s a point where Kobe realize he looks dashing.

King Browny, Mar 30, 2012
  8. morst

I am sure he does. I remember my dogs getting excited when I buy them new collars. That's proof that dogs do appreciate the better things in life.

Victor Leigh, Mar 31, 2012
  9. morst

morst Active Member

Thanks for the compliments Zararina, he really is adorable!

morst, Apr 2, 2012
    zararina likes this.
  10. morst

morst Active Member

Hello King Browny,

Well I guess Kobe doesn't realize yet how handsome he is, he still quite shy with the girls, hahaha.

morst, Apr 2, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  11. morst

morst Active Member

Becky,

you are absolutely correct on that observation. They have the Napoleon type of personality, oblivious of their size, lol.

morst, Apr 2, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  12. morst

Sounds like some Miniature Pinchers I have met. I have a friend who likes to breed them. So his house, at any one time, would have something like 5 to 10 of the little fellows running around. Woe betide any unwanted intruders! The little fellows sound kind of like a pack of ravenous wolves, if you just listen and not look.

Victor Leigh, Apr 3, 2012
  13. morst

I guess whatever the size of the dog they are, to quote Dorothy Hinshaw, "still a wolf at heart."

King Browny, Apr 6, 2012
  14. morst

One thing I know for sure is that Bangkeaws are still very close to their wolf heritage.

According to canine lore, the Bangkeaw breed came about when some forest wolves mated with some domesticated village dogs. Then those early Bangkeaws were adopted by a group of people who live on boat houses. So that kept the Bangkeaw line pure. Plus ingrained an innate love for water into the Bangkeaw genes. Also these people must have lived in some unfriendly territory because they seem to have made a point of breeding the ferocity factor as a Bangkeaw trait. It's an established fact that when a Bangkeaw clamps its jaws on the enemy, only death would be able to make it let go.

So yes, the wolf in the Bangkeaw is still lurking there just under the skin. Have you ever seen a Bangkeaw laughing?

[​IMG]
    Ha ha, this water is like cool, man.

Victor Leigh, Apr 7, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  15. morst

Is tis your Bangkeaw, sir? (How is Bangkeaw pronounced by the way?). Cool! It looks like it's enjoying the water. And well, yeah. I cannot decide what feature of it is more pronounced. There's that look of wolf but I haven't seen a smiling wolf before and there's also that look of domesticated dog maybe because of the fur color and that mild facial mien.

King Browny, Apr 9, 2012
  16. morst

No, that's not Candy. I don't have any photos of Candy. Bangkeaw is pronounce 'bung' [to rhyme with 'hung'] and 'kell' [to rhyme with 'sell']

Bangkeaws have what the Chinese call the 'Smiling Tiger' look. You know, the way a tiger smiles at you as it thinks about how tasty you would be. Really, I have met a Bangkeaw that was a total stranger to me and it was wagging its tail. Luckily I noticed that its ruff was standing up and I knew if I had put out my hand to pat its head, I would suddenly be short of at least a few fingers if not the whole hand.

Victor Leigh, Apr 9, 2012
Ask a Question