My Llittle Sadie

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by joycemcgregor, Mar 29, 2015.

1. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregor Active Member

I have a wonderful little dog named Sadie. She wasw given to me by a woman who had bought her from a friend of mine. She got Sadie and after a 2 weeks decided she did not want her. I went with my friend to pick Sadie up and since the woman was not going to get a refund when she saw how much I liked Sadie asked if it was ok if she gave her to me. I happily took her home with me. Sadie is a black and while Shitzu/Shorkie mix and she weighs all of 10lbs. She stays in whatever room I am in and sleeps with me at night. I just love her so much and she is a wonderful companion. Shortly before I was given Sadie a dog I had had for over 20 yrs passed away. I missed him so much and still do. But Sadie definitly helps to fill that hole that was left in my heart.

joycemcgregor, Mar 29, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  2. joycemcgregor

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Welcome Joyce and it's great to meet you and Sadie. I have four for now. I say for now because I still don't know if someone will come and ask to take the last one I "adopted". My son says it won't happen and while she has turned the house upside down, she is growing on all of us. I am glad you found Sadie to fill the void the previous dog left. I know about the lost of a pet and how difficult it can be, Hopefully we get to meet Sadie by way of a photo. Welcome again.

Winterybella, Mar 29, 2015
  3. joycemcgregor

claudine Well-Known Member

Hello, Joycemcgregor! It's very nice to meet you!:)
    Sadie sounds like a real sweetheart:) I'm sure she loves you very much, this is why she always wants to be with you. Tiny dogs are super adorable! I own a Yorkshire Terrier.

claudine, Mar 29, 2015
  4. joycemcgregor

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hello there, Joyce! Nice to meet you =D Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to tell us about your Saddie! That is one of the most sweet and charming stories I have heard in a while, I must say that Saddie was so lucky you found her! I don't want to imagine what would have happened to her if she hadn't found you. I'm glad things ended so well :)

Trellum, Mar 30, 2015
  5. joycemcgregor

I am always grateful to my friend and Sadie's previous owner for bringing Sadie into my life. She is just the most loving little thing. She always seems content with her life with me and follows me from room to room. Right now while I am sitting at my computer, she is laying on the bed in my room with me, watching my every move. She just brings me so much happiness, there is no way to describe it. My favorite things she does is when she gets her food, she lays on her back on my lap and I feed her Fresh Pet off of a fork. It is so funny. I guess you can say she is definitly spoiled!

joycemcgregor, Mar 30, 2015
  6. joycemcgregor

This is so cute! I've never tried to feed my Homer off of a fork, but it sounds like fun. How old is Sadie?
    Homer follows us everywhere too, I guess little dogs don't like being alone:)

claudine, Mar 30, 2015
  7. joycemcgregor

Sadie is 5 yrs old and is just such a sweetheart. I am a senior lady and she is such a wonderful companion for me. She looks at me with so much love in her eyes. I started feeding her from a fork because she refused to eat from a bowl when she was small. I think she just did not want to get her "whiskers" dirty.

joycemcgregor, Mar 31, 2015
  8. joycemcgregor

Dogs are the best companions, aren't they?:)
    My Homer is much older than Sadie, but he still looks like a puppy. I love spending time with him:)

claudine, Mar 31, 2015
Ask a Question