My Golden Doodle

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by dashboardc33, Jul 22, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

My avatar is a picture of my mom's dog (my dog when I lived at home). She is still my baby, so I still call her mine. :) However, now that I have moved out and have my own dog, I have 3 year old Golden Doodle. She has SO much energy and is still very hyper. She definitely has her own personality though. I've never quite seen a dog with more of a personality than her. Here she is...She loves the water and anything that has to do with RUNNING! SWIMMER.jpg

dashboardc33, Jul 22, 2012
    Becky, Pocs and King Browny like this.
  2. dashboardc33

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Wow a flying pooch. You must be fit to keep up.
    Dogs and there personalities is what seems to bond us with them.

argon_0, Jul 23, 2012
    dashboardc33 likes this.
  3. dashboardc33

zararina Well-Known Member

She looks like a professional swimmer/diver. Lol
    Majority of our dogs usually become hyper when it was feeding time already and not when it is bath time. :p

zararina, Jul 23, 2012
    dashboardc33 likes this.
  4. dashboardc33

Melody Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you and your dog! I've never seen a Golden Doodle before. What an interesting combination. :)

You mentioned that your dog is hyper in another thread. Have you thought of agility training? She looks like quite a jumper. She might enjoy doing the different jumps and slides. I've seen that they have small sets you can put up in a backyard.

Melody, Jul 24, 2012
    dashboardc33 likes this.
  5. dashboardc33

King Browny Well-Known Member

That’s a very sporty stunt. She must love the water. Running on the beach side then “Splash!” :D

King Browny, Jul 24, 2012
    dashboardc33 likes this.
  6. dashboardc33

summerRain Well-Known Member

Wow! What a good shot of your dog right there! She is so lovable.. And with that picture, it really proves that she is so energetic..

summerRain, Jul 25, 2012
    dashboardc33 likes this.
  7. dashboardc33

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's a pretty big Golden Doodle. I imagine there's probably more Golden than Poodle in the mix. So how do you keep her entertained when there is no body of water handy?

Victor Leigh, Jul 27, 2012
    dashboardc33 and Pocs like this.
  8. dashboardc33

Pocs Well-Known Member

Your baby and Golden Doodle are adorable. Great shot of the Doodle

Pocs, Jul 28, 2012
    dashboardc33 likes this.
  9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

Hehe, she was jumping off of the pier into the lake on this picture! I agree, their personalities are amazing. I have never met anyone/dog quite like her.

True, she does settle down during bath time, but once it is over, she runs around like a mad dog, and rolls around in the grass to get herself dirty again. :rolleyes:

Hmm... that is something that I have never thought of. I don't know if she would actually have the patience to learn and understand it. However, this is something that I will definitely look into! Thanks! :)

She is actually one of the smallest golden doodles I have seen. She is only about 40 pounds. To keep her entertained when we are not up north is tricky. I usually have to take her for plenty of walks and play frisbee with her all day to wear her out and that still does not work. The dog park is helpful too.

dashboardc33, Jul 28, 2012
  10. dashboardc33

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. If only there is a dog-sized version of the running wheels which we used to let our white mice exercise, then we can let our dogs have their runs without even leaving the house.
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jul 29, 2012
  11. dashboardc33

Shepherd Well-Known Member

What a great shot! I really enjoyed that photo.

Are most golden doodles that active? What is your dog's name?

Shepherd, Aug 11, 2012
  12. dashboardc33

Kam4pups Member

Love that coat, looks like a teddy dog. She is pretty and looks like she is ready for a swimming competition. This is my first time actually seeing a golden doodle.

Kam4pups, Dec 10, 2012
  13. dashboardc33

tajnz Well-Known Member

What an awesome photo of your golden doodle jumping into the water. :) I can just tell that she has endless energy. Oh and I should also mention that I think the dog in your avatar is adorable too. :D

tajnz, Dec 14, 2012
  14. dashboardc33

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

She is a beautiful dog dashboardc33. Is she in training for the dog Olympics?! How long have you had her, since she was a puppy? Is she an offspring of your mom's dog or if not, where did you get her? And do you walk her, or does she walk you?! Oh, what is her name? Thanks & again, a beautiful dog is she.

SweetBeast, Dec 23, 2012
  15. dashboardc33

claudine Well-Known Member

What a beautiful picture, it makes me miss summer so much. Your dog look so happy, healthy and full of energy!:D It's good to know there are dogs who aren't as scared of water as my Homer:p . It must be funny to see your dog swimming:D

claudine, Jan 7, 2013
Ask a Question