My four precious pups!

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Lex, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Lex

Lex Active Member

[​IMG]

Hello, all! These are my four precious pups: Doris, Dobby, Dumbledore, and Bandit. They've been lined up, in order of when my family got them. Here we go:

1. We've had Doris, who's a thirteen year old Black Lab, for nearly eleven years; she was adopted from a PetSmart via a shelter, while she was on "death row," so to speak. When we went into PetSmart, the day that we adopted her, we weren't even looking to adopt. My family honestly just fell in love with her, as she was a very charismatic pup.

2. Dobby, a small Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix, came into our lives the same way that Doris did, except that he was being fostered, at the time - he was originally named Bubba, but trust me when I say that he is not at all a Bubba. We renamed him, after the house elf from Harry Potter, because of his big ears and brown eyes. He's getting to be a grumpy old man, now, at age eight, but he still loves to go out and play with all of our other dogs! We've had him for nearly seven years.

3. This is, unfortunately, one of the only photos that I've got of Dumbledore. We've only had him since last April, but he's very quickly become a member of our pet-filled family. The reason for the lack of pictures is how much he has grown, since we adopted him. When he stands on his hind-legs, now, he stands as tall as me - I'm a teensy 5'. He came to us in a strange round-about way, honestly. My little sister's Religion teacher's Black Lab was about to have puppies, and his family was trying to "give away" as many of the puppies as possible. Ten months later, he's a healthy eleven month old Black Lab/Great Dane mix.

4. Bandit! He's a mutt, if ever I saw one. Earlier this year, I moved out of my mother's house and went to live with my best-friend in Missouri. In doing that, I sort of became lonely (as she was at work, all of the time) and a little homesick; so, we started looking into ways to adopt dogs in her city. We ended up having to drive about half an hour and do quite a bit of paperwork to adopt Bandit, but it was very well worth it. He's only about two and a half years old, but he still looks and acts very much like a puppy. (I've currently moved back into my mother's home, but Bandit came with me and he's become very close to Dumbledore!)

Lex, Jan 9, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  2. Lex

claudine Well-Known Member

They're so adorable! They look so happy:) Do they like each other? Or do they fight?:p I love their names. Dobby is quite photogenic, he looks cute showing his tongue:p . And Doris does look charismatic - it's wonderful you took care of her, I'm sure she is a great friend:D

claudine, Jan 9, 2013
  3. Lex

Lex Active Member

Aw, thank you very much, Claudine. They all get along very well! Doris and Dobby tend to stick together, more than anything, as they're the "oldies," so to speak; they'd both much rather lay around and snooze, rather than go out and play. Bandit's become very attached to Dumbledore (in a short, four month period!), so it evens itself out.

Lex, Jan 10, 2013
  4. Lex

pafjlh Well-Known Member

These are cute photos, thank you for sharing them with us, and introducing us to your dogs. I have to commend you for having four of them. We find in our house that having two at one time is enough. I guess it does help when the dogs get along well as you said yours do. My two have a tendency not to get along at times, but I think they do still love each other.

pafjlh, Jan 10, 2013
  5. Lex

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Lex on having four dogs. You must be one committed dog owner. They're know doubt very special to you and thank you for the description of everyone of them. How does Doris cope with each new dog turning up over the years?

argon_0, Jan 13, 2013
  6. Lex

Shepherd Well-Known Member

A black lab/Great Dane mix- how neat! I would love to eventually own a Great Dane myself. They are one of my dream pets.

Your Bandit and mine sound much different. Very glad that Bandit found a home with you!

Shepherd, Jan 13, 2013
  7. Lex

Lex Active Member

I'm very fortunate that I live in a home with other adults that help take care of them. Doris was originally my mother' dog, anyway, so it' not a if they're all solely mine! As for Doris, though? She always needs a bit of time to adjust; the only other dog that he took to, right away, with no problems was Dobby, and they've been inseparable every since. Aside from that, though, she'll spend a few days giving them the cold shoulder, but she eventually takes to all of them. Thankfully!

Lex, Jan 14, 2013
  8. Lex

Lex Active Member

Our Great Dane/Black Lab mix is a handful, though, if ever I've seen one. He's only eleven months, but he's nearly as big as a full-grown lab! I don't blame you, though. Great Danes are absolutely beautiful.

Thank you!

Lex, Jan 14, 2013
  9. Lex

Lex Active Member

I also live in a home with four other people, so all the care for the animals doesn't fall solely on me. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to handle quite this many dogs on my own! That being said, it definitely does help that they all get along so fantastically. I'm not sure what I'd do if they didn't.

I'm sure that yours love each other very much, though! My household has two cats and they seem to dislike each other, quite often, but they always curl up together, at night, and go to sleep. They just don't want us to see that, I think.

Lex, Jan 14, 2013
  10. Lex

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

They're all adorable. Thank you for sharing your photos. I love their names too. It's so kind of you to save these animals from shelters and give them a loving home.

ACSAPA, Aug 27, 2013
  11. Lex

zararina Well-Known Member

All are too cute and loveable! :D
    Everyday will be a happy day sharing with those very lovely fur babies. I also like their names.

zararina, Aug 27, 2013
  12. Lex

jennevieve New Member

All of your dogs are just adorable! They must bring so much joy to you!

Shelter pups always steal my heart . . . and are the most grateful, I think! Thank you for giving them a second chance!

jennevieve, Mar 15, 2015
  13. Lex

KimmyMarkks Active Member

All these dogs sound so special. I truly love it when people adopt animals that are on "death row." Just the thought of giving an animal another chance is so heart warming.
    I personally love labs. I have two black lab mixes growing up and they had such great personalities and were such wonderful members of our family.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 24, 2015
  14. Lex

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have known a family that only have labs although their lives, in all colors too, from black, brown and golden ones. They are great dogs and family friendly. I did at one time, I wanted a golden color one but it didn't work out for us.

IcyBC, Jan 3, 2016
Ask a Question