My family!

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by LilAnn, May 20, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

image.jpg This is a picture of dinner time. You can barely see the ones on either end, but there are 5 there. From left to right: Buster, Little Miss, Bendi, Bri, and Bowser. The little one is my newest addition. Her name is Little Ann (from Where the Red Fern Grows). Yes, I borrowed her name for the forum. But I asked and she said its be ok. ;)
    image.jpg

LilAnn, May 20, 2015
    IcyBC and claudine like this.
  2. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

Hello, LIlAnn:)
    They're so cute!!!:) Are they all puppies?
    I love the picture of Little Ann, she looks very happy and relaxed in it:)

claudine, May 21, 2015
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Lil Ann is the only pup.the rest are 8,9,2,2,and 1yrs​

LilAnn, May 22, 2015
  4. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi LilAnn!!!You got a big and beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us, it's always nice to meet a dog lover with a big doggy family! What breed are your little puppies?

Trellum, May 22, 2015
  5. LilAnn

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Hi LilAnn and welcome to the forum. I would have five if I counted the one who's been lingering night after nigh and day after day. How are the others treating the puppy? I hope well. A lot of times the older dogs are very protective of the puppies.

Winterybella, May 23, 2015
  6. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

They're all pits. Bowser and little Ann are gator pits. I think Buster has some gator in him, too. The 2 blues (sisters) are red nose, and I'm not actually sure what Bendi. She has pit in her but I think she might have some lab, too.
    she annoys the hell out of them!! But all the females and Buster take care of her. Bowser doesn't want anything to do with except when the three of us go outside. I can trust him 100% not to go in the road. She likes to stick by him so I know she wont go in the road either. He tolerates her then, but avoids her the rest of the time. But the other ones clean her, and let her beat them up, and are all very motherly.

LilAnn, May 25, 2015
  7. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Amazing! Gator pits have such an amazing musculature! I have always liked them :) One of the kid living in the neighborhood had one, what a beauty of a dog! So muscular! I bet they're so energetic as well, or not so much anymore?

Trellum, May 25, 2015
  8. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Bowser has earned the nickname 'old man' and his own spot next to my bed for good reason. He had Parvo as a puppy so he is aging really quickly. Bendi is getting older but can still act like a pup once in a while. The others are still really active! The two blues like to jump the fence in their yard. What's crazy is they jump straight up and over. They never even touch the fence. They don't get a running start, either. Its impressive to watch, but gets really annoying when they come back covered in tics and smelling like skunk. And then there's the 8 week old and the 1 year old. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that 'active' is what happens when they're asleep. Tsunami plus 9.0 earth quake is what happens when they're awake.

LilAnn, May 26, 2015
  9. LilAnn

They don't let you be bored, do they?;) My Homer used to be super active when he was a puppy too. He loved running in circles around our house, stealing things, chasing us and biting our ankles, lol;) It was crazy, but I loved it. I had a lot of fun observing him.
    He sometimes still acts like a puppy, but it doesn't happen often.

claudine, May 26, 2015
  10. LilAnn

That's why you tell me to relax with Ginger? She is so mischievous, she has Zola looking like a Saint. That biting of the ankle and all that is right up her alley.W

What do you do to manage the ticks LilAnn? I saw a few recently. They are not my friends at all. When Ginger came littered with them, I was horrified. I use tic tak if that's how you spell it..Maybe it's Taktic. I am too lazy to check but I am close enough. It's just that you have to be careful with the concentration for the small dogs. When Zola sees it she runs for cover and she is the one who has to be tick free. She likes my bed. I just typed that and I can hear someone underneath the bed scratching. I will try and check them all today.

Winterybella, May 27, 2015
  11. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I do the obvious tricks for tics and fleas, both. Keep the grass short and vacuuming. I check over the dogs whenever they come back. And I Advantix. It's expensive with 3 dogs, but it works better than anything else I've tried. The Hartz lasts for one day before I see fleas in their white spots. Oh, and I cover them in lard for a week at the beginning of spring, or if they are scratching more than they should be. That's more for hot spots and mites, though

LilAnn, May 27, 2015
  12. LilAnn

Lard? Well that's new to me. I have gone through so many Hartz products I don't bother anymore. I am here looking at a big Hartz collar I bought for my Rottie. It's going to be waste to put it on her. All the collars are ripped off when they are all playing especially the little ones. I feel like I might have used the Advantix some time long ago. My gardener might have been sacked for stealing and my grass is a little too high. It's terribly hot so it's not growing. I spray the taktic in the grass often so that helps to keep them at bay most times. I am to check the dog that hangs out here to see if he has and might be reinfecting the girls while they kiss through the fence.

Winterybella, May 27, 2015
  13. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

watching them kiss through the fence has got to be SOOO cute!!

I have found that using Advantix will do a good enough job that if you let the grass grow a little higher it'll still be fine. My dog that I had about 20 years ago was so allergic to fleas that she was completely bald where ever she could reach. The get gave her Advantix and the problem was solved!! Just that quick. I swear by the stuff!

Have you heard of people using motor oil on their dogs for jot spots and mites and stuff? It's used just like that, except they won't die from licking each other too much, and it moisturizers their skin REALLY good so they are dry and itchy. After one week it look like their coat has gone through a year of treatment. I still can't figure out what to do about their butt cheeks. You can kind of see it in the pictures, but they all have a bald spot on each butt cheek. And I can't find anything to get rid of them, or why they are there in the first place.

LilAnn, May 27, 2015
  14. LilAnn

She'll grow out of it, don't worry;) My Homer did. He's much calmer now. But I truly miss the time when he was a crazy, incredibly energetic puppy;)

claudine, May 28, 2015
  15. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I posted a picture of it in another thread, but Adams flea and tic mist seems to work REALLY well. I've tried several of the mists with no luck, but this one has worked for nearly 24 hours so far. And if I have to spray them daily? That's not asking a lot.

LilAnn, May 28, 2015
  16. LilAnn

I'll definitely check on the Advantix and see if it is around here. I think the taktic is probably not best for the smaller
    These last few days she's been on about the toes and just such a happy camper. She seems to be getting there with the house breaking but I don't like to talk too fast with her. Only yesterday she sprang me a surprise and left her pee right by my foot and I barely missed it. Still she has come a long way.

LilAnn, you are introducing me to quite a few tricks for these ticks. I hope I don't have to use many as I don't want to see many or any around. I find with four dogs now and a fifth coming around everyday I have to be extra careful.

Winterybella, May 29, 2015
  17. LilAnn

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Wow..what a wonderful family you have there, and nice to meet everyone!

IcyBC, Oct 5, 2015
  18. LilAnn

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We had 2 puppies 3 years ago - a white pekingese which we named Barbie and a brown pug we call Pipoy. There were always playing until we noticed that they were already biting each other. We had to cage them both until the time they learned how to behave. WIth your 5 puppies, I wonder how they behave when puppies are naturally playful. And I can imagine the pandemonium when you are out and you come home, the noisy welcome from the 5.

Corzhens, Dec 2, 2015
Ask a Question