My "Elder Statesman," Beau

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by LoupGarouTFTs, Nov 28, 2011.

1. LoupGarouTFTs

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

Beau is my oldest dog--and I do have "a few" of them. He is my "heart dog," although I hate to use mushy terms like that, in general. I can't imagine life without him being around. Beau is a purebred Toy Fox Terrier, born 12/19/2000. He has two show champion titles (UKC and AKC) and he has his Canine Good Citizen certificate, an agility title (Novice Standard, NA), an obedience title (Novice/Companion Dog, CD), and two Rally obedience titles (Rally Novice and Rally Advanced, RN and RA). We're working on finishing his Standard Jumpers with Weaves title in February and maybe getting a tracking title in March or November of next year. He's a busy guy! (His eyes are fine--it was the angle of the flash that made them look odd)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LoupGarouTFTs, Nov 28, 2011
  2. LoupGarouTFTs

Becky Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! He's a very nice looking terrier. I love his tigers eye collar - very stylish!

Becky, Nov 28, 2011
  3. LoupGarouTFTs

Fleexie Member

He looks really cute. Small dogs are always cute.
    My sister have always wanted a little Terrier. :p

Fleexie, Nov 28, 2011
  4. LoupGarouTFTs

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment, Becky! My friend makes "dog jewelry," which is basically collars made like necklaces. Beau was fortunate enough to be one of her models.

I love the TFT breed. They are just amazingly sturdy and happy little dogs. The breed has lots of terrier instinct, but is also a loving companion and relatively quiet lap dog. Their major flaws are that they are not the best with other small pets (cats, rabbits . . . chickens), and they don't have a lot of patience with small children. Beau really wanted to eat those baby quail that were brooding on my sunporch, and his "girlfriend," Mercie, actually killed one of my chickens. But if you live in the United States or Canada, TFTs make great "starter" terriers.

LoupGarouTFTs, Nov 29, 2011
  5. LoupGarouTFTs

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

He is really cute, I love small dogs!

wahcashmom, Dec 2, 2011
  6. LoupGarouTFTs

zararina Well-Known Member

He looks so adorable specially on that second photo.
    And he was also a very good and intelligent dog. :p

zararina, Dec 3, 2011
  7. LoupGarouTFTs

Shawn Active Member

Nice looking dog :) A buddy of mine has a dog like that, its a rescue actually. When he worked for animal control, he went and picked her up from a bad home. She had shotgun bb's all in her body and still does from where she was shot at. They have had her a year now and she is a very happy lap dog :D

Shawn, Dec 29, 2011
  8. LoupGarouTFTs

summerRain Well-Known Member

Our Beau is definitely a stunning model! I like small toy dogs very much just like yours. Thanks for sharing your dog to us. I'll ask my boyfriend to send me a toy fox terrier on my boyfriend. Very adorable!

summerRain, Dec 31, 2011
  9. LoupGarouTFTs

Jani Member

Cute, small and yet still sophisticated! He also sounds like a very ambitious guy. GO BEAU!!

Jani, Feb 8, 2012
Ask a Question