My dog loves the Olympics

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I think I have mentioned before that Misha watches TV. Sometimes she'll sit on my lap and watch. Other times, she'll be moving around the living room and she'll stop and stare when something catches her eye (or if there is singing.)

Well, last night she was captivated with the Olympics, especially Track & Field. She could not get enough of the Mens 100m race and the hurdles. She sat up with her ears on alert doing the head tilt.

I wonder what she saw and why she was so interested. At least, she did not bark at them. Sometimes when someone on TV walks or runs towards the screen, she barks. Then, she looks at our front door as if she is waiting for them to come in.

Is your dog interested in the Olympics or is my dog the only strange one?

Melody, Aug 6, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  2. Melody

pugskjj Well-Known Member

LOL that's awesome! Kotton loves her TV and actually sings along to CSI: Miami and Hell's Kitchen opening scenes. Last year she would drop everything if she heard the So You Think You Can Dance opening...I think in her case it's the music that catches her attention. Koko has watched a couple of the swim meets with me, complete with head twist and Kash could care less LOL

Misha is just special!

pugskjj, Aug 6, 2012
  3. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Awww!

I'm pretty sure your dog is just a strange one, hehe. I think it's cool that she's so interested in TV, though. Maybe she was dreaming of running with them.

Jessi, Aug 7, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  4. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, that's the conclusion I've come to. LOL I have never had a dog so interested in TV. No one I know has a dog that actually watches TV like Misha does. My Lab was only interested if horses were on the screen.

Today it was diving that captivated her. Though, once when the diver was climbing up the ladder she started barking at him. Sometimes she thinks the people on TV are coming in the house. LOL

Pugskjj, so you have a singing dog, too? Misha's song is "Happy Birthday to You", though from time to time she will sing to other music.

Melody, Aug 8, 2012
  5. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

This is so cute:D My dog ignores TV, he couldn't care less about it. But my friend's dog sometimes sits in front of a TV and watches movies. I wonder if a dog can really see what is on TV? Or he just see some flashing lights and gets interested?

claudine, Aug 21, 2012
  6. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Claudine, I believe my dog can actually see the images. She gets really interested if animals come on the screen, especially dogs. She will stop and watch, doing the head tilt. I've also seen her react to people on the screen as if she thinks they will come in the house.

It's really funny to see her reactions. Sometimes we have to settle her down because she doesn't know that TV isn't reality. She has charged the TV before.

Melody, Aug 21, 2012
  7. Melody

supergirl Active Member

Hahaha, not the Olympics as such, occasionally a noise will come from the TV that will get my dog's attention, but she'll never watch it. Maybe your dog was once a track and field athlete in another life? Sounds great that you can watch TV together though.

My dog likes to sing to the theme tune of the film Jackie Brown - 110th street by Bobby Womack

supergirl, Aug 24, 2012
Ask a Question