My dog is still losing weight

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Pamela Sierzan, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Pamela Sierzan

Pamela Sierzan New Member

Hi I have a 10 year old shepherd/lab mix. She is eating, has diarrhea and is losing weight. I've taken her to the vet, they've done blood work, a TLI test, fecal exams, and a colonoscopy. And has been on different medications and nothing is working. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pamela Sierzan, Aug 29, 2015
  2. Pamela Sierzan

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I hope someone in the forum will have some suggestions for you. That sounds very worrisome and if the vet can't find anything with all of that tests, then I would do some research and call some other places to find out for sure. My heart is with you!

IcyBC, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Pamela Sierzan

Trellum Well-Known Member

The first thing I'd look into if it was me would be her die, what are you feeding your dog with? Be careful, we are living in some really dangerous times and a lot dog food brands have been found to cause severe issues in dogs, even death. So please check what you are giving your dog... it could be either the food, an allergy or some other stomach issue.

Trellum, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Pamela Sierzan

Thank you very much! I will keep this thread updated once I find anything out or if the medication is working.

Pamela Sierzan, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Pamela Sierzan

Thank you. I am now (I was feeding her Iams), Zignature, it is a no grain food and made in the US. I agree with you totally on watching what I feed her. I'm hoping the medication works I will keep this thread updated.

Pamela Sierzan, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Pamela Sierzan

Tomi Active Member

I really hope your dog gets better. I can only imagine how you feel, watching helplessly as her suffer that way. Please keep us posted on how she is getting on.

Tomi, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Pamela Sierzan

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @Pamela Sierzan! So sorry to hear about your dog's bad health, I really hope you manage to find out what is wrong.

Becky, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Pamela Sierzan

Trellum Well-Known Member

Have you tried feeding her with home made dog food? I just no longer trust dog food brands anymore, they found little wires in one of them (i think it was pedigree?). Please keep us posted, I find it so odd they haven't found the definite cause of her health issues. I'm almost certain it's some sort of reaction to something she is eating or drinking.

Trellum, Sep 1, 2015
Ask a Question