My Dog Can Now Sing

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Apr 4, 2013.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

After all these years Mishka can now sing. My daughter was home for Easter and started to play flute. Amazingly Mishka started howling along.
    Maybe your dog can too but you need to find out what instrument best suits their abilities.
    Has anyone given it a try?

argon_0, Apr 4, 2013
    haopee likes this.
  2. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

That was nice. :)
    Our dog does not have any interests in music, he could just sleep whatever songs he hears. :p

zararina, Apr 4, 2013
  3. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

LOL. What!?! No recording. That's just mean. It's like telling us Justin Bieber has concert and he's late for it... Oh wait, that did happen. LOL. Justin Bieber aside, please consider recording it. You'll never know, Mishka might be the next Mishka

haopee, Apr 4, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  4. argon_0

Melody Well-Known Member

I may have mentioned this before, but Misha sings as well. So far, it's the song "Happy Birthday to You" that triggers it. She started singing along when she was about 8 months old, but it was infrequent. Now, every time we sing the song at a celebration, Misha sings along and she takes over. She gets very loud and sometimes adds howls at the end.

At Easter, my sister-in-law's friend came for dinner. She has never met Misha. We phoned a friend to sing to her for her birthday. Misha got very involved in the song. Our Easter guest was laughing so hard. She had never heard anything like it before.

I've tried to get her to sing with other songs but only with minimal success. She seems to really like the birthday song.

Melody, Apr 5, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  5. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer doesn't sing. I wish he did, it would be so much fun! So far he heard piano and flute - and some random classical music - and he ignored it all.
    He was once howling - but it was because he had fallen in love with a female dog in the park and he wanted to go to her:(

claudine, Apr 5, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  6. argon_0

Next time my daughter comes for a visit I will get a recording. She is more photogenic then I am. Mishka doesn't seem to mind a photo shoot either.:)

argon_0, Apr 7, 2013
  7. argon_0

Remember to share the recording with us:) . Mishka is a beautiful and cute dog so it's always nice to look at her. And I'm sure that she is a very talented singer;)

claudine, Apr 8, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  8. argon_0

Shall do. My wife dragged the flute out but Mishka was a bit confused by the fuss. It may have to be a spontaneous moment and maybe my daughter holds the key.

argon_0, Apr 11, 2013
  9. argon_0

Lol, maybe Mishka is just a little shy, some artists don't like being recorded:p
    Homer always runs away when he notices that I'm holding a camera.

claudine, Apr 11, 2013
  10. argon_0

So Homer is a bit of an artist too? :) I'm off to the opera tonight. :eek: I'll let you know how it went.
    Poor Mishka has to stay at home indoors as I don't trust her with all her wallaby friends she watches intently at dusk. I will be sure to leave the light and the radio on classical FM so she doesn't feel like she is missing out. :D

argon_0, Apr 12, 2013
  11. argon_0

I'm sure it will be a wonderful evening!:D It takes time to get to like opera music though, at least this is how it is with me: the more I listen to it, the more I love it:D
    I hope that Mishka will fall asleep - this way she won't feel lonely, Homer always sleeps when he is alone.

claudine, Apr 12, 2013
  12. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

LOL. Aren't you putting a little too much pressure on Mishka... she might think she's the next Britney Spears or something.

How is everyone? We had our house blessed so the entire family was busy. So were the dogs. Good thing there weren't any major incidental occurrences during the time guests arrived... Of course, there was this incident where somebody's underwear were found being tug-of-war by the dogs.

haopee, Apr 23, 2013
  13. argon_0

schizophreniatype Well-Known Member

My dog does not sing unfortunately but he does talk... a little bit like the dog in the youtube video-and he also snores and dream-kick when he is sleeping.

schizophreniatype, Apr 23, 2013
Ask a Question