Most expensive dog wedding - $250G

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, it set the record for the Guinness World Record as the most expensive animal wedding.

At first, I was appalled, but you'll all be happy to know that it was for charity. All of the expenses were donated by vendors who sponsored the event to raise money for the Humane Society of New York. It still seems over the top to me, but at least it was for a good cause.

More pictures and info here: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...uinness-mark-250g-price-tag-article-1.1112584

Jessi, Mar 4, 2013
  2. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, I just can't imagine! I am glad to know it was for charity because it would make me a little ill to think of what they might have done with that money. I mean, I love my dog, but I wouldn't spend this kind of money on myself!

Though, I have to wonder. Why not just donate the $250,000 directly?

Melody, Mar 4, 2013
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

The idea is that instead of actually paying for all of those items, various companies were donating their goods/services. For example, a company that would normally charge $10k for showing up to perform music....simply showed up and did it for free. So they weren't really paying that amount of money for all of this stuff, but each vendor did something that cost them way less in order to create this elaborate event. Then, people paid to attend and that's the money that went to charity. It was the overall collaboration worth that hit the $250g mark.

Jessi, Mar 4, 2013
  4. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

$250,000? Wow.
    If it was for charity, I think it was a good idea. I hope this money will help these, who need it. The bride looks quite happy - but also a little scared...maybe it's because the groom has dyed hair:p

claudine, Mar 6, 2013
Ask a Question