Miracles Help Save Family’s Tortured Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

An Indianapolis family rejoiced when they got the call that their missing dog had been found. Their relief was short lived, however, and they soon learned that Diamond had been badly tortured. But because of what the family considers to be miracles, Diamond will get the help she needs.

On Monday morning, Kirk Knisely got the call every owner dreads: his dog had gotten out. As his 12-year-old son was getting on the bus to school, Diamond bolted out of the yard. Knisely was working, and could not leave to go find her.

The family spent the next 36 hours searching for her, and was relieved to get the call that she had been found about a mile away. When Knisely found her, he was horrified.

“It was just awful. Her head was bleeding and burnt and her right eye was closed. … It was heartbreaking,” Knisely said. “I’m 47 years old, and I’ve seen a lot of things, but I’ve never seen anything like that.”

Diamond’s head had been burned black. One wound was so deep that her skull was exposed. Her fate looked grim. The family took her two to animal hospitals, and was told skin grafting and other treatment would cost between $5,000 and $8,000.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/09/miracles-help-save-familys-tortured-dog/

Trellum, Sep 21, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This is so heartbreaking! I can't imagine what poor Diamond went through. I'm so happy to hear that she's better now!
    If someone tortured Homer, I'd find this person and make sure that he or she regrets their actions. I can't stand people who abuse animals. I hate them with all my heart!

claudine, Sep 25, 2014
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I agree with you, Clauds! It's terrible what this poor thing had to go thru, but at least she is safe now and hopefully she will never have to face that again. I hope she is happy and safe for the rest of her life :)

Trellum, Sep 25, 2014
  4. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Yes! She deserves to be happy and safe:) And I hope that the horrible person who did this to her will spend many years in jail. Some people are so unbelievably cruel and stupid:(

claudine, Oct 6, 2014
Ask a Question