Meet Tippy, he thinks he's King of the castle....

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Karen, May 17, 2012.

1. Karen

Karen Member

This is Tippy, he seems to think he's king of the castle, when actually we all know who the king/queen is around here, my cat Socks. I woke him up taking pictures of him till finally he just decided to get up lol.

Tippy sleeping 004.JPG Tippy sleeping 002.JPG

Karen, May 17, 2012
  2. Karen

Becky Well-Known Member

Little dogs always like to think they in charge don't they?! He looks sweet :)

Becky, May 18, 2012
  3. Karen

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

He is adorable, and that name is so cute! He sure does look like king, all nice and relaxed on the couch!

wahcashmom, May 18, 2012
    shinminhee85 likes this.
  4. Karen

MakingCents Well-Known Member

That is so funny. My grandparents had a dog named Tippy but he was a black lab. So when I clicked on the link and saw the little guy it threw me for a loop. None the less your your dog is adorable!

MakingCents, May 19, 2012
    shinminhee85 and King Browny like this.
  5. Karen

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Very smart-looking doggie there. Just curious. Is he named Tippy because of his ears?

Victor Leigh, May 19, 2012
  6. Karen

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Tippy looks like he would be very astute. Does he get away with many things or Socks has got him in line?:cool:

argon_0, May 19, 2012
  7. Karen

zararina Well-Known Member

Tippy looks cute! ;)
    Yeah I had read before that small dogs think they are "big". I have not experienced having a small dog so cannot confirm that myself. :p

zararina, May 19, 2012
  8. Karen

Mystique Active Member

Tippy is cute and I agree, he does look like a King - sleeping on the cushion on a sofa - hehe. How old is Tippy?

Mystique, May 29, 2012
  9. Karen

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have got small dogs before so I can confirm that it's true that they do not consider their size as a measurement of their ego, so to say. They are always as big as they think they are and they do think big alright.

Victor Leigh, May 29, 2012
    shinminhee85 likes this.
  10. Karen

King Browny Well-Known Member

Look at that. I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t think he’s a king when he has a nice, comfy bed on top of a big downy couch for his size. And I believe he’s got poise after waking him up like that for a little photo shoot.

King Browny, Jun 3, 2012
    shinminhee85 likes this.
  11. Karen

tajnz Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the photographs. Tippy is adorable. I also owned small dogs and they thought they were both Queens of the castle too. Admittedly there were. My family loved to spoil them.

tajnz, Jun 5, 2012
  12. Karen

Karen Member

Tippy's a good dog, has to be next to me all the time. He even sleeps under my desk on a pillow when I'm on the computer, but no he doesn't get by with much at all actually, with me or Socks, She'll slap him upside the head and if he tries to go after her for it she really get's him.
    I named him Tippy actually because he has a small black tip on the end of his tail. When he was a baby it was larger and more pronounced. He's not an overly intelligent dog and has been a challenge to train, but I've had him ever since he was three weeks old so he's my baby, and thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Karen, Jun 12, 2012
    shinminhee85 likes this.
  13. Karen

Mystique Active Member

Aaawww he sounds adorable and I can tell that he is so loved by you, Karen. I'm sorry, but I might have missed it - did you get Tippy from the animal shelter or was he given to you by someone?

Mystique, Jun 18, 2012
  14. Karen

Karen Member

I don't know why I said I named him because he has a "black" tip on the end of his tail, he has a "white" tip on the end of his tail lol. Tippy is nine years old and I got him from a friend of mine who received him at only three weeks old after his mommy was poisoned by a neighbor because he didn't want the dogs (there were quite a few chihuahua's) barking, Anyway, I too had wanted him but she asked first so she got him. Haha, come day two or three she'd given me a call and asked If I still wanted him. My reply of course was yes, he was so tiny and so cute, so that is how I got him when he was only three weeks old. It turned out that she could't handle getting up every two hours to feed him and take care of him lol, she didn't count on it being like having a newborn baby at home.
    So first two maybe three weeks, I was up every two hours with him, feed him clean up his bed, wrap him in a towel rock/sing him back to sleep and put him in his box and he was good for another two hours. In turn he's a mamma's boy and a good dog. As a matter of fact he just scratched on my sliding glass door to the patio to let me know he's wanting out, as he sits there patiently looking at me. lol.

Karen, Jun 19, 2012
Ask a Question