Meet my dog Smirnoff

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by inTHEsane, Feb 18, 2012.

1. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I figured it would be best to first introduce my 8 year old mix breed dog named Smirnoff. I rescued him when he was about 2 years old. The most common guess from Vets/Friends/Family is that he is a Mastiff/Lab mix. Either way he is my boy, and a well behaved and trained one as well. Full of energy still as if he was a puppy but keeps it contained. I love to hike/creek walk up waterfalls/gorges and he comes with on the less than dangerous ones, loving every minute of it. A few years back I had mixed the initial videos when we first took him creek walking I will add one of them below. Hope you enjoy and look forward to meeting the members on here!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

inTHEsane, Feb 18, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  2. inTHEsane

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Awwww he is very pretty! I have a couple of dogs that love to go hiking as well! I can't wait for spring to come so we can continue our outdoor activities again!

SheWolfSilver, Feb 19, 2012
  3. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

He thanks you for the compliment. ;) What kind of dogs do you have? Yes I can't wait for spring either, but I have managed to make it out hiking a lot more this winter due to the random 40-55 degree days when its suppose to be in the 30's or less. Where about are you from a lot of good hiking?

inTHEsane, Feb 20, 2012
  4. inTHEsane

zararina Well-Known Member

He was so cute! (specially on the second photo LOL)
    He was so lucky to have you and you are also lucky to have him too. ;)

zararina, Feb 20, 2012
  5. inTHEsane

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I actually have 5 dogs. LOL Two dachshunds, a dachshund mix, a beagle, and one that is just a big mixed breed of some sort we have no idea what he is. LOL We actually take them all hiking but the two we take on long distances are the dachshund mix and the beagle. They are medium sized dogs with long legs so they can keep up. LOL My smaller dachshunds we take for walks around the local lake and other places that are not so physically taxing.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 20, 2012
  6. inTHEsane

Becky Well-Known Member

Haha I love the Pringles photo!! :D

Welcome to the forums :)

Becky, Feb 21, 2012
  7. inTHEsane

King Browny Well-Known Member

Nyahaha! The Pringles photo is funny. If you don’t have it there I would think yours is one serious boy though I really think he’s chunky and dependable. Looks like you raised him well.

King Browny, Feb 22, 2012
  8. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

@Becky Thank you for the warm welcome, and glad to be here.

@King Browny Yeah that is why I had to include that picture, he is a real sweet heart, and takes treats nicer then a cat would. He would be a lap dog, if I let him and occasionally do. Basically unless your someone pounded on the door, he is a very well behaved boy.

inTHEsane, Feb 22, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  9. inTHEsane

inTHEsane Active Member

Ohh wow seems like you have a full house over there. My sister has two dachsunds. In the process of looking for a new place with
    more room this summer before I can get some friends for Smirnoff. He is a pretty good climber for his size, but unfortunately doesn't
    like deep water or swimming, he is always very scared surprisingly despite his webbed feet and size.

inTHEsane, Feb 22, 2012
  10. inTHEsane

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

How cute, and very playful! He is a really big dog to, and it looks like he found the right owner. I loved the video and pictures, they are so great. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

wahcashmom, Mar 1, 2012
  11. inTHEsane

summerRain Well-Known Member

Your dog is sooooo cute! I especially love the second photo.. You should print it in a big photo paper and post it in your living room! :) Seriously, he is adorable!

summerRain, Apr 17, 2012
  12. inTHEsane

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This one makes it look like he's been hitting a bottle of Smirnoff a little too hard himself. ;) Love it!

Jessi, Apr 22, 2012
Ask a Question