Meet my boys

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Pocs, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

Gizmo is the larger older dog. Truly a mama's boy. He loves to sit on my lap, snuggle under the covers and be on point in the kitchen in case I need a helping hand. He sounds off the alarms whenever anyone comes to the door or enters the house when I'm there to let me know there are visitors. He only does this for me however, I guess he really doesnt care who is there to see anyone else.

Gix is the smaller, and son to Gizmo. His mothers name is Pixie. Thats how we came up with his name, part Gizmo and part Pixie, well we thought it was cute. He follows his father's lead. Whatever Gizmo does Giz will copy.
    He does have one thing that is different, although he does like a good lap, he prefers to sleep on his back and be held like a baby. All you have to say is "whose a sleepy boy" and he starts looking for someone's lap to crawl into and stretch out on his back, and nudge you with his nose until he's picked up like a baby.

Both love to travel and are excellent car riders. Gizmo sits on the console and Gix in the middle of the back seat. As soon as you open the car door they jump into their assigned seats. And best of all not one time has either of them asked "Are we there yet ?"
    100_6728.JPG

Pocs, Jul 27, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Pocs

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Your boys look good. They remind me of some Shih Tzu-Poodle mixes which I have seen. Do they have any of those breeds in them? The tufts of hair sticking up over their noses definitely looks Shih Tzuly. They wouldn't, by any chance, have underbites, would they?

Victor Leigh, Jul 27, 2012
  3. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

The bigger one is a bicheon pommerian mix. The smaller one is also part terrier.

No underbites.

Pocs, Jul 28, 2012
  4. Pocs

argon_0 Well-Known Member

They are so beautiful and adorable. Do they get up to mischief. Gizmo's got the look that he is boss dog look and Gix looks like he will do anything Gizmo asks look?

argon_0, Jul 28, 2012
  5. Pocs

Good to know that I know so little about other breeds. I seem to see a Shih Tzu in just about every small hairy dog I meet. Just read up a bit on Bichon Frises. I don't think I have met one in real life yet. Let me try to relate. Are Bichons as active as Poodles?

Victor Leigh, Jul 28, 2012
  6. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

They are pretty well behaved. Gizmo is definatly the boss. When I feed them, and mind you they have their own dishes. Gix waits in line until Gizzy (that's his nickname) is finished, then once Gizzy leaves Gix will eat. I have tried separating the dishes by putting them in different areas. Didn't work, Gix would always move them back with his nose, side by side. They don't seem to mind, so I gave in.

Toys? So funny, a new squeaky toy gets them going. Gizmo plays with it until he breaks the squeaker and it no longer makes noise. Gix takes over and rips it to threads. Again, Gix will wait until Gizzy as completed the first series of attacks, then Gix steps in to finish the assault. They definatly work as a team.

Pocs, Jul 28, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  7. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

Never having poodles, I'm not sure how they behave. I have heard people say that smaller breeds of poodles can be temperamental. My boys are not. They are easy going and fun loving.

Pocs, Jul 28, 2012
  8. Pocs

zararina Well-Known Member

Both looks so cute and sounds very behaved as per your opening posts. It is always nice to read a happy owner telling a story or two about their beloved babies. ;)

zararina, Jul 29, 2012
    Pocs likes this.
  9. Pocs

I have had only a few Poodles and there's one that thought it was a cat. Benjamas was very agile and could climb wire mesh fences. Climbing to the top of the book shelf was not a problem for her.

Victor Leigh, Jul 29, 2012
  10. Pocs

King Browny Well-Known Member

Haha! That sounds really cute. More so if they look alike. Does Gix also look like his father? And since he's copying his father, do you still have a hard time toilet training him or he just follow his father's lead and adopt the practice?

King Browny, Jul 30, 2012
  11. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

Gix looks a lot like Gizzy, but has more of his mothers's coloring.

As anyone knows with small dogs toileting is a nightmare. For the most part they are really pretty good about it. It helped that Gizzy was already housebroken when Gix came along. They do have their spills and piles from time to time, but it always in the same place, right by the kitchen sink. This was something Gizzy has done for years and Gix simply followed suit.

Pocs, Jul 30, 2012
Ask a Question