Meet my boys!

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Shepherd, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

I have three dogs. A beagle mix, a Labrador mix, and a pure-breed Australian Shepherd.

My Labrador is named Flomar. We chose this name, because of the movie Martian Child starring John Cusack. The main character, a writer like myself, adopts a boy who believes that he from Mars. At one point during the movie, the boys calls the dog "Flomar" and says that the word/title is "martian for warm, furry friend."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flomar has actually gained roughly 25 more pounds than when these photos were taken. We don't think he will stop growing for at least another year.

Shepherd, Jul 17, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Shepherd

Melody Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you and Flomar! My last dog was a Lab. They are sweet dogs. A wonderful breed.

I laughed at the weight gain. I remember being worried that Sierra would never stop growing. She was 8 lbs. at her first Vet visit. She went for her vaccinations at regular intervals over the first 6 months. The second visit she was 16 lbs. Then, she was 32 lbs. And, the final series, she was 64 lbs. I was afraid to take her the following month for her spaying for fear she'd be 120 lbs. LOL

She topped out at 85 lbs, which was about 10 lbs. overweight. Eventually, she landed between 70-75 lbs for the rest of her life.

Thanks for sharing Flomar with us!

Melody, Jul 17, 2012
  3. Shepherd

Thank you for responding to my post.

Flomar is a very nice dog and has become attached to my brother's hip. He follows my brother everywhere and even sleeps in his room at night. My brother is 12 years old and has already told our mother that he is going to be living at home for college, so that he doesn't have to leave his dog. Ha, so cute!

Our vet has never mentioned anything about Flomar being overweight, but he also did not give an estimate on his speculative weight either. I will have to ask the next time we bring Flomar in for his shots.

Shepherd, Jul 18, 2012
    shinminhee85 likes this.
  4. Shepherd

zararina Well-Known Member

Flomar is so cute and he looks like the tenant's dog here but with dark brown fur. Flomar looks healthy and very behaved. ;)

zararina, Jul 18, 2012
  5. Shepherd

Pocs Well-Known Member

Good movie and great name for your pooch! I love hearing the reasons why people name their dog with a particular name.

Pocs, Aug 1, 2012
  6. Shepherd

I posted recently about my dog, Bandit, having pneumonia.When I was last home, my mother shared a picture of me with Bandit when we first bought him as a puppy. I really like this photo and the way my hand disappears around his fur.

[​IMG]

Shepherd, Jan 12, 2013
    shinminhee85 and argon_0 like this.
  7. Shepherd

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Great photo and I can see why your dog is called Bandit with his Zoro mask. :)

argon_0, Jan 13, 2013
  8. Shepherd

claudine Well-Known Member

Flomar is a beautiful dog, he looks so strong. I love his name!
    This picture of you and Bandit is adorable, you both look very happy:D

claudine, Feb 20, 2013
  9. Shepherd

Melody Well-Known Member

Shepherd, did Bandit get over the pneumonia? He looks like a panda bear. What beautiful markings. What breed is he?

Melody, Feb 20, 2013
Ask a Question