Meet Lupo, the Royal Dog Behind the Headlines

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, also known as Prince William and Kate Middleton, adopted a cocker spaniel puppy in late 2011, they sparked a media frenzy to find out all the details about the royal addition, from The Daily Mail to The Hollywood Reporter.

The black, male puppy, named Lupo, which means “wolf” in Italian, was part of a litter belonging to Ella, a cocker spaniel owned by Middleton’s parents. Lupo’s name wasn’t revealed to the world until February 2012.

Although the royal family’s official website does not include any information about Lupo, the website, Lupocambridge.com, purports to catalog “Things we know and things WE THINK we know about Lupo Cambridge.” It’s unclear who is behind the site.

The “firstborn fur-child” of the Duke and Duchess discusses his royal travels, hunting season, walks around Kensington Gardens, and dealing with the paparazzi. One of his favorite playmates is Beth, a Jack Russell terrier adopted in 2011 by the Duchess of Cornwall, formerly known as Camilla Parker-Bowles. Then there’s the queen’s rambunctious gang of corgis and dorgis (a corgi-dachshund mix).

Lupo is the latest in a long line of dogs in the royal family.

Full article here: http://www.pet360.com/dog/breeds/meet-lupo-the-royal-dog-behind-the-headlines/euOqVP09H0C_E3QguGEtxA

Isn't he adorable!? He's the princess' royal pooch!

Trellum, Jan 20, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

He is such a beautiful dog! I wonder if he likes being famous:D I'm sure that my Homer would hate it, since he always tries to bite people who take pictures of him. He would make the paparazzi run away in panic!:p

claudine, Jan 24, 2014
  3. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

Agree that he is a lovely dog.
    And nice that the royal family are dog lovers. :D

zararina, Jan 28, 2014
  4. Trellum

dodgesnose Member

I have to google to see how he looks like now and he really grown up so handsome! He's one big brother for the royal baby now..

dodgesnose, Feb 13, 2014
  5. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

For those, who haven't seen them yet, here are more recent pictures of Lupo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In my opinion Lupo is a beautiful dog. He seems to be very active and cheerful:)
    It's wonderful that the royal baby has such a cute, four legged friend, I believe that every child should have a dog:)

claudine, Feb 13, 2014
  6. Trellum

Skyspiritflfl Member

And now too, a baby brother or sister. I'm sure the Royal family will enjoy all their family members. Lupo is definitely a beautiful dog, and she looks like she'll be great w/kids as well - :)

Skyspiritflfl, Sep 10, 2014
  7. Trellum

wahmed Active Member

What a cute dog. How lucky is he. The king of all dogs. What a sweetie pie.

wahmed, Mar 18, 2015
  8. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Those royal dogs are very very lucky dogs! Think of how many servants they have to take care of their every whim. I bet those dogs are in the care of doggie nannies rather than by the people who owned them.

Lupo is a great looking dog indeed.

IcyBC, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah, I'm sure they live better than most of us, lol. I've always thought that those dogs who end up living with this kind of families are so lucky, because they are taken care for their entire lives. It must be a wonderful life for a dog or a cat, that is for sure. I'm still not sure if I'd choose to be born as a dog or a cat, even if it was in my destiny to end up with one of those families.

Trellum, Aug 28, 2015
Ask a Question