Meet Harry

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by dkramarczyk, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I don't currently have a picture of him on my computer, he has actually passed though. He was in too much pain from cancer in his shoulder, so we had to euthanize him. He could barely walk without yipping in pain. It was a very sad time for us. I actually cried so much when he was gone. I went to the vet with him and held on to him until the very last second and then I broke down. I'll get off the sad topic though.

He had an awesome personality. He was part Chow Chow and part Samoyed, which was nice because then he didn't have the pushed in face that pure bred Chow Chow's have. Whenever we would walk across the kitchen with food, he would start doing what we would call "the bear dance." Since he was so hairy, he could've been comparable to a bear. But he would stand up on his hind legs and actually hop around the kitchen. It was so adorable. He was a very laid back type of dog. He especially enjoyed chasing bunnies in the back yard.

dkramarczyk, Apr 12, 2012
  2. dkramarczyk

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Harry sounds to have been a wonderful companion. Your fond memories will help you I'm sure.Did he ever catch one of those bunnies? It must have been funny to watch him.Keep smiling.

argon_0, Apr 13, 2012
  3. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

Actually, yes he did catch some of the bunnies. It was pretty horrible clean up, but at least he had fun. I will always remember him and it's horrible because I feel like I try to compare any other dog to him, even though all dogs have their own personalities.

dkramarczyk, Apr 13, 2012
  4. dkramarczyk

zararina Well-Known Member

I sometimes compare some dogs to our previous dogs but usually it was just part of remembering them seeing other dogs.
    Harry seems to be really energetic chasing those bunnies and fun to be with.

zararina, Apr 13, 2012
  5. dkramarczyk

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Well dkramarczyk if you are still into dogs as is apparent from your postings on this forum I suggest a collie cross. They are a fabulous breed and going from your profile photo you have children, this breed will not bite or injure your kids as Harry may have from your description of his interest in bunnies. How did you cope?

argon_0, Apr 13, 2012
  6. dkramarczyk

haopee Well-Known Member

Sad stories aside. Losing a dog can be devastating. I've experienced it myself. I'm pretty sure Harry had a great life with you.

I can relate to the bear dance. Some dogs will do anything to be fed. One of my dogs thought that because the puppies were fond of jumping at me, they were being fed more often than he was. So now, he is imitating what they are doing thinking that I am feeding him because he's trying his best to be cute and adorable when in fact he was on the right track when he didn't do the jumping.

Since argon_0 mentioned it, do you have another dog?

haopee, Apr 13, 2012
Ask a Question