Meet Buddy

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Jessi, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I know, I know, it's a generic name, but we didn't name him. It's actually a really sad story of a friend of the family who passed away and her family was just going to drop him off at the pound. :( :( Instead, my mom took him in. <3

[​IMG]

Jessi, Mar 21, 2012
  2. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Wow, a new lease on life. Buddy looks content. I bet on your parts it's a win win situation because not only is Buddy getting a new family but you guys also get to experience one of the joys in life- the joy of having a dog :D.

My mom used to never allow dogs inside the house until I got Peanuts. Now she simply enjoys looking at Peanut's expressions and hearing her little paws clattering while chasing her toys.

haopee, Mar 22, 2012
  3. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Nice that buddy found a new home with you. ;) Thanks to your mom.
    He looks so loving and cute.

zararina, Mar 22, 2012
  4. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's found a loving home now! How cute is that photo?! I love how he's giving the hedgehog a hug! x

Becky, Mar 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

He absolutely loves his toys. He has a whole doggie bone shaped toy chest for them, and when he spreads them all out, he'll actually clean them back up and put them back in their box. He has his favorites, but getting a new toy is always special for him. That was on Christmas when he got a new "Christmas hedgehog." He took it everywhere with him that day. <3

Jessi, Mar 22, 2012
  6. Jessi

King Browny Well-Known Member

I have a buddy at work. We addressed each other as Buddy. Buddy maybe generic but it actually means (to us) a chum, friend or a partner. I’m glad that Buddy landed in your embrace. He surely looks contended to be where he is right now.

King Browny, Mar 27, 2012
  7. Jessi

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

He is so adorable. I'm sorry for the friend that passed away though. At least Buddy was able to find a loving home though. There are too many dogs in need of homes.

dkramarczyk, Apr 11, 2012
  8. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Agreed. It really bothers me when I see people just dump their animals without a care in the world or decide they just can't deal with them any more, etc. I don't baby my own like children, but I do see them as part of the family and once I take on an animal, I can't just dump it like it's nothing....they're part of the family and a living being that should be cared for. It appalls me to see people toss them aside for random reasons.

Jessi, Apr 11, 2012
  9. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Lovely story Jessi. Dogs were bred to be our companions and to think that some people can be dismissive of them as if they are not our friends, truly saddens me.Good onya Jessi. Looking forward to hearing more of Buddy's adventures.:)

argon_0, Apr 12, 2012
  10. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

How cute! I love beagles. They're so much fun and so mild mannered. That's hilarious about the hedgehog, that seems to be the #1 selling dog toy. We went through about 10 of them with our dogs, not sure what it is about it but they loved it.

OhioTom76, Sep 10, 2012
  11. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Oh he's cute want to trade Buddy's, I'll take yours and you can have mine, LOL. No just kidding my Buddy maybe a hand full but I wouldn't trade him. I'm sure you feel the same way about your Buddy. Yes, it may seem like a generic name, but mine was given the name because we had another dog by that name at one time. Even though the personalities are totally different believe me.

pafjlh, Sep 10, 2012
  12. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

As someone who grew up with dogs adopted from our local shelter I'm so glad that Buddy found a loving hom with your mom. :D My Rosie would also carry around any new dog toy she was given. Like Buddy she also had her clear favourites too! :)

tajnz, Sep 17, 2012
  13. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol! I would trade sometimes! But then of course I would take it back and wouldn't really trade. They can be so ornery!

Jessi, Sep 17, 2012
  14. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I missed this one! Buddy is so cute. He looks like he has some Jack Russell in him. The markings are very similar to Misha's. He even has the small black Dalmatian spots. What breed is he?

I'm sorry that he came to your family after a loss. But, I am glad that your Mom took him in. And, I see he belongs to the cult of the hedgehog. :D What is it with those toys?

Melody, Sep 20, 2012
  15. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly what his mix is, but we're pretty sure he's part Jack Russell. It's not just how he looks, but how he acts, too. He's 13 years old and still bounces around like a puppy. So much energy!

And I have no idea what it is about the hedgehogs, but he loves them.

Jessi, Sep 20, 2012
  16. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I found a picture that shows how jealous he can get. I was petting the cat and he just had to butt in. He can't stand when someone else gets more attention than he does.

[​IMG]

Jessi, Oct 27, 2012
  17. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Pussy cat is giving `ol Buddy the evil eye. Dogs are like that. Don't want to miss out on the action. Did the cat take a swipe?

argon_0, Oct 27, 2012
  18. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Nah, they're good buddies. She just rolled around on the floor waiting. And then got up to give him funny looks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jessi, Oct 27, 2012
  19. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Only a Jack Russell would weedle his way in like that. They can be a little on the pushy side. I'm glad that they get along well. I've heard that Jack Russell's can be rough on cats because of their hunting instincts. I have not seen this in Misha. In fact, when we walk by cats in the neighborhood she doesn't even notice them.

How is getting along in the family now?

Melody, Oct 28, 2012
  20. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh he gets along great! He and the cat in the pictures are best of buds. They play with each other, sleep together, he licks her ears, etc. He gets really upset if someone picks her up sometimes, too....that's HIS baby.

He doesn't get along with my older cat, but then again, nobody does. She's very particular and grouchy, lol.

Jessi, Oct 28, 2012
Ask a Question