Looking out the window

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Apr 3, 2013.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Do your dogs enjoy looking out the window? Mine does. It's one of his favorite ways of spending time: he sits on a windowsill for hours and he barks at people passing by. Of course because of it my window is always covered with his saliva:eek:

This is why I find this sign really funny:p :

[​IMG]

Do you have the same problem?

claudine, Apr 3, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  2. claudine

argon_0 Well-Known Member

There's only one window Mishka can see out easily. It's upstairs facing the driveway. When either myself or my wife come home she goes up there and has a good old look out to be sure who it is. I generally wave to her from the car. Though she doesn't do her dog nose art on the window. That's more for the doors. Both sides of two doors. :rolleyes:

argon_0, Apr 4, 2013
  3. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

Our door is open the whole day so our dog can go out and in whenever he want so, no need to look in the window for him. ;)

zararina, Apr 4, 2013
  4. claudine

During summer we also keep our door open so Homer can run into the garden whenever he wants - but he still likes to sit on his windowsill. Maybe it's because this way he feels bigger - it's upstairs:p

Argon_0, does Mishka react when you wave to her?:)

claudine, Apr 4, 2013
  5. claudine

trishgl Well-Known Member

My dog also likes looking out the window. We have a chair beside that window that is officially her chair, fur and all. I think she likes looking and barking at some of the neighbor's cats. Our flat is on the 2nd floor of the building so she has a pretty good view of the street too.

trishgl, Apr 5, 2013
  6. claudine

Melody Well-Known Member

Misha can only see out the back sliding door. All the other windows are too high. She does enjoy looking out the front door when we open it for her.

She has learned recently if she goes to the edge of my Mom's living room chair she can see out the living room windows. She's not supposed to be up there alone and gets in trouble.

She doesn't really hang out at the back sliding door. I thought she would as she can see squirrels and birds, but it doesn't really interest her unless the neighbor's dog barks. Then, she wants to run out and bark at her.

Melody, Apr 5, 2013
  7. claudine

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

My dogs only like looking out through the window in the car. And only cause they dont want to miss whats going on.They dont look out the window in the house at alll

lifeliveson, Apr 9, 2013
  8. claudine

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

In our home it was only ever the cat who would sit and look out the window for any length of time. The dogs were generally too low down to see out of them. Anyway, I doubt they would have bothered. Actually, one of our dogs was more or less blind so unless she had just enjoyed sitting there, she would not actually have been "looking" at anything.

GavinMcresty, May 1, 2013
  9. claudine

Lifeliveson, I'd love my Homer to be interested in looking out through the window in a car. But no - when we are in a car, he instantly starts panicking, shaking and running. It really is a problem because I can't travel with him:(

claudine, May 3, 2013
Ask a Question