Line Dancing Practice

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

We've share several dancing videos. This is a short one that shows the owner practicing line dancing with her dog before a competition. The dog is having a good time.

You can't see much, but you can see that the movements are intricate. There are turns and walking backwards in synch. It makes me wonder how they teach dogs to do these steps. How are they able to get the dog to understand how to turn and move since most of these steps wouldn't be natural to a dogs normal movement?

Melody, Jul 17, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

I would assume it's like any other trick we teach them. They probably started by leading them in one direction or the other with snacks, teaching them the movements and eventually, they just enjoyed doing it, too, maybe?

Jessi, Jul 17, 2012
  3. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

At the end the owner is rejoicing. ;)
    She must be very patient or dedicated to be able to let her dog learn those steps. It was fun to watch.

zararina, Jul 18, 2012
  4. Melody

Kam4pups Member

That was really neat and the dog is really cute, love the coat. That dog would make a great dancing partner. Loved how she,or he just kept looking up at the girl while doing the line dance, funny.

Kam4pups, Dec 9, 2012
  5. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I'm getting a little taste of how they do the training. Misha learns tricks so easily. Lately, we've been doing tricks in combinations. We're working on High Five to Give Me Five. She does both really well and can do a combination of 10 or more before she gets wild about it. I can see how you can combine them and make a routine out of it.

Melody, Dec 9, 2012
  6. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

This is such a cute video, this dog seems to enjoy his dancing lesson. And he is clearly waiting for a treat:p . I wish my Homer wanted to dance with me:D

claudine, Dec 16, 2012
Ask a Question