Kong

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by cherrycola, Jan 7, 2012.

1. cherrycola

cherrycola New Member

Kong makes many different products for dogs, but the products I am reviewing are probably their most popular; the treat dispensing toys. These toys come in several different forms: the classic kong, the kong wobbler dog toy, the goody bone, the stuff a ball, but all have a similar premise. These toys are designed so one's pet has to work for their treat. This a great product for when the dog is going to be left for awhile on it's own. The treats keep my do interested in the toy, and the toy makes it difficult enough so that my dog doesn't finish her treat quickly. When using the classic kong, I tend to just fill it up with peanut butter instead of the kong spray. It's actually more difficult for my dog to get out the toy and it's more affordable.

cherrycola, Jan 7, 2012
  2. cherrycola

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Really neat, thanks for sharing! This is some great information I am sure a lot of us will be about to use.

wahcashmom, Jan 9, 2012
  3. cherrycola

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog would argue that kong is the greatest thing that man ever invented. He has six kongs and he loves all of them dearly. We fill them up with cheese, peanut butter and treats when we are gone and he prefers these to any bones out there. He also loves to play fetch with his kongs.

MakingCents, Jan 9, 2012
  4. cherrycola

Yorkie78 Member

I think that IF my Rottweiler (mix) got a hold of one, he could tear it to shreds. He has been known to chew up garbage cans, heavy duty dog dishes, our swingset... You name it. Luckily, he has stopped his bad chewing habits (it was mostly due to the steroids the vet prescribed him for his autoimmune disorder.) I have heard good things about the Kongs. I just don't think they would last long around here-- especially if I put the peanut butter insert inside of it!

Yorkie78, Feb 25, 2012
  5. cherrycola

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog (rottweiler mix) tears things apart but somehow his kongs hold up. I think he realizes they are magic treat holders nad he wants them to survive. We maybe have to repleace each kong every 6 months or so.

MakingCents, Feb 26, 2012
  6. cherrycola

zararina Well-Known Member

Nice to know that there was a good brand for dog products.
    Might try to see if it was available in here too.

zararina, Feb 27, 2012
  7. cherrycola

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Just looked up kong dog products and found this:
    [​IMG]

Looks like a great idea. Too bad they are not available where I live.

Victor Leigh, Mar 3, 2012
  8. cherrycola

haopee Well-Known Member

Kongs have great products. Aside from being the least destructible, they really help in exercising our dog's minds. My particular favorites are the Wubba because Retrievers enjoy them so much and the Classics because they were built to be chewed hard on, particularly with peanut butter lodged in that empty center.

The Airdog series are also great. I've always wanted the Airdog Dumbells but during the time I was about to buy one, they didn't have any small sizes of it.

And for those asking if it were available in the Philippines, I've only seen one pet store selling them in Metro Manila. It's in Pet Express, SM Cubao. Kongs cost from 500 Php and above ( roughly $13).

haopee, Mar 16, 2012
  9. cherrycola

kinser Well-Known Member

My dogs are both destructive to most toys b/c they're such powerful chewers. Kongs have been wonderful for them. My Rott/Lab loves tennis balls and will fetch all day, but my German shepherd gets ahold of them and eats the covering off. Therefore the tennis balls had to go. I was happy to find that Kong makes a hard rubber squeaky ball that the fetcher likes just as much, and the shepherd can't destroy it.

kinser, Apr 13, 2012
  10. cherrycola

mkhtk79 Member

We've had the original kong toy for years. The black colored extra strong one. They are awesome and super tough.

mkhtk79, Mar 29, 2020
Ask a Question