Kong toys

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by nikki, Aug 18, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

I have purchased a few of the Kong dog toys and all I can say is WOW! Generally when purchasing toys to chew I figure it may last a month if it turns out to be a favorite. We have one ball thats still going strong 6 months later! There is also a treat holder that had held up almost as well but it is starting to show a little wear and tear.

Long story short, I feel these are excellent additions to the toy rotation and well worth the investment!

nikki, Aug 18, 2012
  2. nikki

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog love love LOVES his dog toys. He has 7 kongs and they are like his little babies. We always leave him some kongs with treats in them when we leave and he just chews on those kongs all day long :)

MakingCents, Aug 20, 2012
  3. nikki

haopee Well-Known Member

Kongs are excellent products. Unfortunately, they're also expensive where we live. Sometimes more than it's worldwide cost. The small sized Kong Classic costs twice the veterinarian's consultation fee.

I have Kong Air Dogs and they love them because they have the texture of the tennis ball and they squeak too.

haopee, Aug 20, 2012
  4. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Sometimes amazon has them on sale. Gotta just keep checking back the prices fluctuate alot. I refuse to pay more than $10 for a dog toy and if Im persistent I find a good deal and buy a few.

nikki, Aug 20, 2012
  5. nikki

claudine Well-Known Member

I think these toys are worth the money, my Homer has one and he loves it. Mostly because of the treats hidden in it I suppose, but still it's a great solution to occupy your dog for a while.

claudine, Sep 11, 2012
  6. nikki

Nick87 Well-Known Member

A lot of the xtreme kong toys are the only toys my dogs haven't managed to destroy. They last, especially for chewers, which is great.

Nick87, Nov 23, 2012
  7. nikki

I always get them on amazon. You can find all the sizes there for usually half the price of the pet stores. We stock up whenever there is a sale.

MakingCents, Nov 24, 2012
  8. nikki

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I had never heard of these brand of dog toys. I guess its because they are a high end type of dog toys. I will admit right here that I have bought dog toys at a dollar store. I didn't see any reason to invest more because well dogs do chew them up. But if what I'm hearing about the Kong toys are true and they are durable they might be worth the initial investment.

pafjlh, Nov 25, 2012
  9. nikki

They aren't indestructable, but they are far less easy to chew up than other toys. So it's probably worth a one-time try. My dog has 8 kongs haha.

MakingCents, Nov 26, 2012
  10. nikki

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any Kong toys around here so it's impossible to say whether my dogs will like them or not. For chewing, the best I have found is dried cow ear. This is basically dried leather. Very chewy. Smells very strong. Probably very tasty, too. To a dog, that is.

Victor Leigh, Nov 26, 2012
Ask a Question