Kong Brand Raw Hide

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by IcyBC, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

IMG_1809.JPG
    I found these all natural dental support raw hide made by Kong at TJMaxx for $2.99, and I can tell you they are the best so far. The raw hide were rolled up tightly into a stick as seen in the photo.

Capone was having some building on the sides of his lower teeth, and after chewing on these, the teeth were back to being pearly white. This raw hide lasted over a month and he still has at least half of the first stick I gave him left. There was no artificial colors or flavors for these raw hide.

I went back to TJMaxx to stock up, but these products are not their regular in stock. I finally found them on Amazon at a very decent price, if you are interested in trying them. Have you used this brand before and do you like them?

IcyBC, Aug 6, 2015
  2. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

This sounds like a great product! I think my Homer would love to chew on raw hide.
    How big are these stick? Do they come in different sizes? Homer is tiny.

claudine, Aug 6, 2015
  3. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

Those look really big! Does capone have any issue trying to chew on them or not? I'm not sure my frida could chew on those comfortably to be honest. But they do sound like a great product!

Trellum, Aug 6, 2015
  4. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think they do come in different sizes and so far Amazon has a decent prices for them. I might check on eBay too to compare the price when I need to have more for Capone.

IcyBC, Aug 8, 2015
  5. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

He seems to like chewing on it now as he is much bigger. What I like most to see is his bottom teeth free of tartar, which something I might have to spend money on if it is not taking care of. Thanks goodness, he is now doing a great job of cleaning it himself.

IcyBC, Aug 9, 2015
  6. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

It definitely sounds lik a great product :) Do you ever brush Capone's teeth? I was told by a vet I should do that, but so far I haven't had issue, the raw hides I get for her seem to be doing the job themselves. Plus it's soooo hard to brush a dog's teeth!

Trellum, Aug 9, 2015
  7. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I am too old to wrestling with a 51 pounds dog to brush his teeth :) It will be a disaster and a mess that I am not equip to take. The brush and the tooth paste for dog are expensive too. I live on a shoe string so this is not possible at the moment to buy them.

IcyBC, Aug 10, 2015
  8. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I'm sure the regular size would be too big for Homer. I hope the shipping won't cost a fortune.
    I've never tried to brush Homer's teeth. He wouldn't let me do it;)

claudine, Aug 11, 2015
  9. IcyBC

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Those are really big but I love the price. Sadly, I won't be traveling just now unless I can find them online. For now the toughest things my dogs have to deal with are my treats which are sometimes a little too tough and probably do nothing for the health of their teeth.

Winterybella, Aug 17, 2015
  10. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I prefer to shop at stores like Burlington Coat Factory, TJMaxx and Marshalls for almost everything. They are so much cheaper in prices, but the only problem is: they are not consistent in the products they carry. I found them on Amazon and will purchase them when Capone needs more.

IcyBC, Aug 18, 2015
  11. IcyBC

I hit all those stores when I travel but like you said, if you find it today, there is no guarantee you will find it tomorrow. I've picked ups some treats at Marshalls for them but I am always doubtful if it's good or not. I mostly pick up brand clothing from there for myself. As an aside, I love Liz Claiborne so that's my stop for that brand. Back in the day I used to buy their clothing from Marshalls and Ross( the mass confusion store).

Winterybella, Aug 18, 2015
  12. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

@Winterybella I checked for the expiration date and the ingredients on the bag! I have bought all kind of good treats from those stores, and they are so much cheaper, plus the ingredients are limited to only a few things! I like that too :)

IcyBC, Aug 20, 2015
  13. IcyBC

I always used to think that Walmart was cheaper and better but I don't know that to be true anymore. Before I did any shopping for myself I used to rush there to see what I could find for my girls. I used to be greeted like royalty when I returned home. After all the hugs and kisses like I had returned from the army, they would be glued to me waiting to see what would come out of that carry on. It must be about three to four months now since I have traveled. I think that while they miss me when I am gone, they love the treats from my travels.

Winterybella, Aug 20, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  14. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

When shopping at Walmart, I always tried to stop in the Pets' isle to see what I could pick up for Capone, but the prices are higher than what I can pay for. I don't think Walmart has a better price on Pets' related things.

Yours girls knew you have goodies for them from one of those bags! They are quite smarter than we give them credit, plus their smell for things are just incredible!

IcyBC, Aug 28, 2015
  15. IcyBC

Telling me about those 'smellers'. Once I had some treats hiding and the little rascals found them and ate all until they were nearly sick. When Remy the shy one gets involved it leaves me hiding my amusement. I love to see them watching my carry on and when the treats come out, it's dog heaven.

Winterybella, Aug 28, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  16. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think Capone has a love for toy, @Winterybella , especially the one that squeaks! Of course, the squeaker doesn't last too long, but it can drive a person mad! When I gave him this raw hide, I had to hold it for him and encouraged him to chew. It took a while until he get used to it. I wished his teeth would clean up so I don't have to spend money on having them cleaned by the vet.

IcyBC, Sep 10, 2015
  17. IcyBC

I used to get tired of traveling to shop sometimes, but these days the one thing I miss a lot is not being able to go shopping for all these different treats I could get in the US. Many are not here and the prices are so much better. Besides that I loved the excitement the girls had in their eyes when I returned. I always hoped the excitement was to see me and not the treats.

Winterybella, Sep 10, 2015
  18. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I know what you mean because Capone starts to show the excitement when I get home with bags in my hands. He knows one out of three bags, he will get either a treat or a toy once in a while. Dogs know :)

IcyBC, Sep 13, 2015
Ask a Question