Know your vet

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Corzhens, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

This is a sad incident that happened to the dog of Matteo Guidicelli, a known actor in the Philippines. He sent his dog to the clinic for checkup of a boil in the elbow. The vet plus 3 staff held down the dog so he could aspirate the boil and remove the pus. But the dog was fighting so the staff tried hard to subdue the dog. Unfortunately.. the dog suffocated. It happened last March 5.

Know your vet who would handle your dog especially for surgery. Don't entrust your dog to a vet whom you do not know very well.

Corzhens, Apr 1, 2016
  2. Corzhens

Johanna Well-Known Member

Whaaaaa!! How cruel

Johanna, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Corzhens

Alpha1 Active Member

That is very sad. But as you have said, it is important to know your vet very well and don't trust just about everyone you meet along the way.

Alpha1, Apr 4, 2016
  4. Corzhens

IcyBC Well-Known Member

That is sad, and they must have held him down with force for him to suffocate to dead like that! How in the world did they hold him, by covering his nose and mouth? I can't fathom the scene of four people handling the dog until it died!

There are so many things to subdue the dog! For me, I didn't trust Capone's first vet, so I had never come back to that one.

IcyBC, Apr 7, 2016
  5. Corzhens

spence88 Member

Very tragic indeed. So what happened next? Did he sue the vet, what did he do? Don't want to fire some shots, but I think the vet and his team are incompetent, didn't they notice they're holding the dog hard enough to suffocate it and die? Do things like that happen a lot?

spence88, Apr 7, 2016
  6. Corzhens

Trellum Well-Known Member

So sad, but that vet is an idiot. I mean, come on... couldn't he just have given the dog something so the dog would peacefully go to sleep for a bit? While the dog is sleep do what you got to do and that's it. So yeah, better know your vet well. Poor dog! What an awful and traumatic way to go.

Trellum, Apr 13, 2016
  7. Corzhens

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I agree with you, @Trellum ! It seemed like the vet and the staffs are quite thick in the head for handling a dog to dead like that. Not sure where this happened, but here, the owner would have sued his pants off. That to me is cruelty!

IcyBC, Apr 26, 2016
  8. Corzhens

remnant Well-Known Member

It really pays dividends to take your dog to a vet who understands its medical history. They are likely to know and predict the dog's problems with greater accuracy than seasonal vets. A regular vet is also likely to offer discounts. Attempts to treat the dogs at home should also be done in consultation with a vet. An uncle gave some medicines to his dogs. It turned out to be an overdose and they both died.

remnant, Jun 23, 2016
  9. Corzhens

cluckeyo Active Member

We are not real wild about our local vet. I am going to take her to TSC where they have a Saturday vet clinic and see how I like them. We can get all of our supplies cheaper that way. Then we can still use the local guy in emergencies. He's really steep on the supplies.

cluckeyo, Jun 24, 2016
  10. Corzhens

iseeyou Member

That's really sad and so unexpected. The must've been quite a shock to his owner. Did he sue the vet for how he wrongly handled the situation? I'm pretty sure that's not the standard procedure in dealing with the dog's issue. That vet was probably just starting out with his practice.

iseeyou, Jun 30, 2016
  11. Corzhens

Winterybella Well-Known Member

That's horrible and sad. I honestly don't have a great relationship with the two my dogs have seen but this it something to really pay attention to. I was wondering if you could sue in those circumstances. The money would never replace the dog and of course and accidents do happen by still this is so very sad.

Winterybella, Jun 30, 2016
  12. Corzhens

claudine Well-Known Member

This is so heartbreaking! I don't know what to say. That vet must be a complete idiot and a very cruel person. I hope he was fired. He clearly doesn't deserve the job. People like him shouldn't be around animals.

claudine, Jun 30, 2016
Ask a Question