"Junk food"

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 7, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Does your dog ever eat fast food meant for people? Do you actually allow them to or do they just steal it? Do they have any favourites and are there ones they leave even if available? How often do they eat it? Do they eat a lot of it each time? We never had fast food in our house so our pets never really had the opportunity to eat any. If someone threw something out and left it on the pavement, they would try to eat it of course! We did not allow them so they did not get any too often.

GavinMcresty, May 7, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

MzMonka Well-Known Member

Normally my dogs don't get junk food of any kind and the only time they get anything like that is when we go to show. When I take my dogs to dog shows, on the way home, we stop and get chicken nuggets from one of the fast food places. Each dog gets 2 out of the package but other than that they don't get any type of junk food. They do get excited when I pull into the parking lot and sit like nice girls for their nuggets. They know if they go to show that they will get nuggets after, only once did I not stop and they pouted about it for 2 days.

MzMonka, May 7, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

I have never given Homer any junk food. It's so extremely unhealthy, he would probably eat it as he eats everything edible but I'm sure that it would make him sick. It's just too greasy and contains too much salt. I don't eat fast food either - only from time to time I make an exception for delicious fries - but when I do, I never share them with Homer.

claudine, May 7, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

amundy8 Active Member

I don't let Bailey eat table scraps, but My colleagues had a small dog on site. They would allow the dog into the kitchen after we strictly said it was unhealthy for everyone and forbidden. The dog would get hold of table scraps and other junk food, get sick and be taken to the vet every time. The bill got so expensive, they finally had to let him go, so they gave him to someone else to care for him. Another dog's owner strictly feeds her dog junk food. The dog has a large stomach and ill-proportioned.

amundy8, May 23, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog are not fond of eating junk foods even I allow him to eat it. Before, I used to have a dog which can eat any foods like vegetables, fruits and junk foods.

zararina, May 25, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

trishgl Well-Known Member

Just to be on the safe side I don't give chacha any. I'm too scared it might contain seasoning like MSG that their body can't process. My hubby's cousin gives his Labrador a burger from Mcdonalds everyday though and nothing bad has happened so far. Would anyone know if fast-food burgers contain any ingredients that may harm our pets?

trishgl, Jun 8, 2013
  7. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that fast food burgers contain a lot of salt and this is really unhealthy. They also contain some nasty chemicals, including MSG. So it really is better not to give them to our dogs.

claudine, Jun 22, 2013
  8. GavinMcresty

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka never has opportunity to eat fast foods because of where we live so those footpath treats are never there. Nor do we generally buy any except occasionally fish and chips and in which case Mishka is at home.
    After having to deal with her sloppy stools for quite some time she only gets a diet we have found suits her. I'm sure though, at the first opportunity she would devour any fast food put in front of her.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Jun 23, 2013
Ask a Question