Jack russell pulling baby on a sled

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Jessi, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

We've talked about how high energy jack russells are on these forums quite a bit.

Here's yet another example of it:

If it gives you any idea, the jack russell is 10 pounds and the baby is 25. They're both rather tiny, but trudging through the snow like a champ!

Jessi, Jan 13, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

This little dog is so strong! It's hard to believe!:p He looks like he was enjoying doing it, it's so cute. Small dogs like to act like they were big, it's the same with my Homer:D

claudine, Jan 14, 2013
  3. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

I can really see this happening! I remember when Misha was a pup. She weighed 2 lbs. I had a plastic crate for her. It was thick plastic, larger than she needed, and somewhat heavy. I'd tie her leash to it so I could step out of the room. I'd come back and she would be on the other side of the room, dragging the crate behind her. She was much stronger than her small size would make her out to be.

Now, I wouldn't say Misha would drag the sled like the dog in the video. If she did, I am sure she would be running away in fear because this sled thing was chasing her. LOL

Melody, Jan 16, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I bet it's his high energy that is making him able to do that. It's like when someone is trapped under a car and suddenly, someone can lift it enough to save them. That high adrenaline rush is intense. That probably got him going and then the momentum kept it going, hehe.

Jessi, Jan 16, 2013
  5. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

That was a cute video to watch. The dog and the child seem to be having a great time sledding along together. I think the fact that this was a small dog that maybe the snow did help to make it possible for him to pull the child which was obviously larger then he was. After all snow does make things more slippery.

pafjlh, Jan 17, 2013
  6. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My rat terrier kind of reminds me of a Jack Russell but with different hair. My dog runs around constantly like he's been guzzling energy drinks.
    I don't know where small, yappy dogs get the energy.

ACSAPA, Jun 24, 2013
  7. Jessi

Lol, they get it from food, my little Homer is always hungry and I'm 100% sure that if I let him, he would eat all the time, he would take breaks only to chase cats and play fetch. He is the most energetic little dog I've ever seen:D

claudine, Jun 24, 2013
  8. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I only recently started thinking of the rat terrier as my dog because I was originally taking care of him for a relative that went senile.
    But I've been taking care of him for over a year now and my relative's memory is getting worse, so the family basically gave me the dog.
    I wasn't too happy at first because I'm a cat person and was only watching the dog as a favor. But I have grown fond of him and I like animals, so I guess I'm a dog owner now.
    My cat tolerates him, so that's good. He's a black and white rat terrier.

ACSAPA, Jun 26, 2013
  9. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

It was so cute to watch both the baby and the dog having a good time. It was entertaining and fun to watch.

zararina, Jul 2, 2013
  10. Jessi

wahmed Active Member

Food is every dogs weakness. I know something is up when max rejects food.

wahmed, Mar 25, 2015
  11. Jessi

That's true. Homer rejects food only when he isn't feeling well. Fortunately, so far it happened only one or twice. He is a very healthy dog with a great appetite:)

claudine, Mar 26, 2015
Ask a Question