It's a safe bet we all "talk" to our dogs, cats & other pets, but

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SweetBeast, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

do you talk back as if your pet is talking to you? I have done this for years as I answer, aloud, to what Bobbi might say or ask of me! We carry on quite the conversations, she & I ! And have we ever argued? Oh no, as she is always right, just ask her!

SweetBeast, Jan 20, 2013
  2. SweetBeast

haopee Well-Known Member

Not as much as I do back then. My mom taught my dog how to dance and that was hilarious as she had no whatsoever training experience. She always loves talking to the dogs... Heck, she used to talk to my stuffed duck. When I got home, she'd tell me how the duck asked her where I was and she told him that I was at school and the duck hid beneath the pillows.

haopee, Jan 21, 2013
  3. SweetBeast

claudine Well-Known Member

I often talk to my Homer. We talk a lot when we are alone:p . And every time he sneeze, I say 'bless you'. And during the walk I always ask him where he wants to go:)

claudine, Jan 21, 2013
  4. SweetBeast

shdws Well-Known Member

I talk to my dog a lot, but if he ever talked back, I'd head for the hills! :D But no I don't carry a conversation with him per se. It's more like me ranting and him looking at me all confused.

shdws, Jan 21, 2013
  5. SweetBeast

Well, so sweet of you claudine to offer your Homer blessings after a sneeze! And does he advise you where he wants to walk?

SweetBeast, Jan 25, 2013
  6. SweetBeast

And once in the hills, you'd find me, talking to myself if Bobbi is here at home! Without going into any details, are you alone in your household with your dog? I do live alone with Bobs & that may be the reason I do carry on a 2 way conversation.

SweetBeast, Jan 25, 2013
  7. SweetBeast

Thanks for sharing haopee & any chance of a piece of film or video of your dancing dog? How sweet she & your duck used to chat & that your duck was concerned with your whereabouts!

SweetBeast, Jan 25, 2013
  8. SweetBeast

Well, he always decides where we are going. Almost always:p . Sometimes I throw him sticks to encourage him to go to the park instead of walk down the street and bark at people:p

claudine, Jan 25, 2013
  9. SweetBeast

I hear you claudine as there are times, when I feel I am on the other end of the leash. Throw sticks towards the park ? That's great ! Thanks claudine!

SweetBeast, Jan 27, 2013
  10. SweetBeast

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh definitely! My cat will actually meow back and forth as I talk to her, so it's as though she really is holding a conversation with me. When I went away to college and left her with my mom, I'd call and she would actually talk to me on the phone sometimes, lol.

Jessi, Jan 28, 2013
  11. SweetBeast

My Homer always licks the phone when he is 'talking' to my father - I find it adorable but I have to clean the phone after every conversation:p

claudine, Jan 28, 2013
  12. SweetBeast

zararina Well-Known Member

I also talk back or talk to our dog as well as to our cat as if we are understanding each other. LOL

We argue sometimes. :p

zararina, Jan 29, 2013
  13. SweetBeast

haopee Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera back then. Even the ones taken from my phone are plain useless. Either they're too small or too ugly to watch.

If you really want to see the ultimate dancing dog, you should play the video above. I've watched it too many times and I still enjoy watching it.

haopee, Jan 30, 2013
  14. SweetBeast

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I do talk to my dog. Sometimes when I'm in the kitchen doing the dishes or cooking, I'll talk to my dog about what's on my mind or what I'm worried about.
    Stefano has no idea what I'm talking about but he looks at me like he's listening. Just saying things out loud to him makes me feel better.
    He's an adorable and cheap therapist.

ACSAPA, Jul 26, 2013
  15. SweetBeast

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That is freaking adorable. What an amazing dog. The cool thing is that she looks like she's smiling and enjoying the dance.

ACSAPA, Jul 26, 2013
    haopee likes this.
  16. SweetBeast

haopee Well-Known Member

Of course, she moves her booty and that little dress does her justice. That dog is famous. I think she has another dance move but I can't track it anymore. She's such a little smart ballerina.

haopee, Aug 2, 2013
  17. SweetBeast

amundy8 Active Member

That is cute. Your mom sounds like a character with a great since of humor.
    Sounds like she was really missing you herself.

I used to talk back to my dogs but not much anymore. Our dogs would bark at animals and keep us up at night so we would look out the window and ask them what was going on. Of course, the dogs usually kept barking until whatever it was left. They were good watch dogs, and we treated them as such. I like teaching them commands and new tricks. I still do that now.

I love the video of the Salsa dancing dog! I love Latina music and it amazes me how dogs from different cultures learn and do things differently from one another. This dog is so smart and talented! Most people can't even memorize all those dance steps and moves! :)

amundy8, Aug 29, 2013
  18. SweetBeast

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I love international pets too and I find it adorable when Japanese people's dogs respond to their commands, like "Oh, that dog understands Japanese."

ACSAPA, Sep 14, 2013
  19. SweetBeast

Haha I feel exactly the same way. It's adorable! My Homer understand only Polish, I wonder if I'd manage to teach him a few commands in English or French:p
    I noticed that he likes listening to me. Whenever I talk over the phone he seats nearby, listens and clearly tries to understand me.

claudine, Sep 15, 2013
  20. SweetBeast

Trellum Well-Known Member

Sometimes I talk to my dogs, they just tilt their heads like saying: ''I'm sorry, but I just can't understand you!''. My schnauzer likes to talk back sometimes tho, she makes and ''aooooo'' sound that is very funny whenever I get home. It's a very short one! They definitely have a way to communicate!

Trellum, Oct 29, 2013
Ask a Question