Is your dog obedient?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have three dogs. My biggest dog is Reba, and my smaller dogs are Remy and Zola. They all have different personalities. They have never received any formal training and pretty much everything thing they know I taught them. When it comes to basic commands like "sit" and "come" all but one will be responsive or obedient. Remy one of my small dogs is quite inconsistent when it comes to obeying my few commands and I don't know if it should concern me. Is your dog obedient?

Winterybella, Mar 10, 2015
  2. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, my schnauzer is kinda funny... she often comes when I call her, but I think that is because she thinks I have some food with me. When I just rescued she'd not always come to me, lol. So, I think she isn't really that obedient. Sometimes it takes her very long to come too. There are times she just won't out, specially when she knows I have no food on me.

Trellum, Mar 11, 2015
  3. Winterybella

That's the same with my Remy. Her responding to "come" seems to have everything to with food. No hesitation at all when it comes to being fed. Then when we are just having light conversation, she pretty much ignores me. I am going to have to work on her and let her know who is "boss":).

Winterybella, Mar 11, 2015
  4. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer is very independent. He doesn't listen to anyone. Some time ago, I tried to teach him to "give paw". You know what he did? He bit me!:confused: But of course I still think that he's the cutest little thing in the whole world:D

claudine, Mar 12, 2015
  5. Winterybella

wahmed Active Member

Max has his moods. There will be times when he listens to everyone and times when he goes rouge. You never know what you will get.

wahmed, Mar 17, 2015
  6. Winterybella

:):) That's funny. My Remy mostly fits that description of going rouge on me. The other two are more consistent when it comes to being obedient. While I don't like to be disobeyed they really make me smile when they do the whole "do as they like" thing.

Winterybella, Mar 17, 2015
Ask a Question