Introducing: Sasha and Rocky.

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Diana Smith, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Member

Please welcome Sasha and Rocky. They are my two Great Pyrenees kids. Rocky is slightly taller than Sasha. They are both well over 100 lbs yet both are slender and trim.

They enjoy their jobs as livestock guardians during then day, then retire indoors to join all of the fun with the rest of the pack in the evening after the alpacas are locked safely in the barn for the night.

They are both gentle giants and get along fabulously with the rest of the pack. Each has their own personality and are amazingly smart.

Attached Files:

Diana Smith, Jun 12, 2015
  2. Diana Smith

claudine Well-Known Member

They're beautiful and very cute dogs! They look very gentle and sweet:) I wouldn't be scared of them even though I weigh less than 100 lbs myself;)
    How old are they?

claudine, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Diana Smith

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi Dana! Both of your boysv are really handsome!!! I'd love to see pictures of your alpacas as well, this is the first time I hear about someone who raises alpacas. I am curious, what are alpacas raised for in a farm? I'm just wondering, is it for wool or something like that?

Trellum, Jun 13, 2015
  4. Diana Smith

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Welcome Diana. I love the colour of your dogs. I have always had tan or black dogs. Ginger with her white beard is the closest I have ever come to a dog of another colour. I actually had to Google alpacas so I am also to see what they look like. The pictures I saw online are great. I was just introduced to yet another animal.

Winterybella, Jun 13, 2015
  5. Diana Smith

Diana Smith - I'd love to see a picture of your alpacas too!:D
    Winterybella - I agree, it's a lovely color. My Homer is silver and gold, but I've always had a soft spot for white haired dogs.

claudine, Jun 14, 2015
  6. Diana Smith

The white hair dogs are beautiful. Ginger has some white/cream that's always looking dingy. She is super active so keeping it nice and cream is a task. My brother has a beautiful white and tan Jack Russell. It's more white than tan. It's beautiful.

Winterybella, Jun 14, 2015
  7. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Member

Rocky is my sweet handsome boy and he will be three next month. Sasha his lady friend was three in March. They really are gentle giants. They are pure fluffy white with the most amazingly soft fur. I think that all dogs are beautiful!

They are both very stubborn yet smart. I will post some picture of my alpacas. They are beautiful too. It is kind of funny because Sasha likes to play with the crias (babies) but she won't mess with the adults any longer. She did at first until one of my girls got mad and spit right in her face! LOL

Attached Files:

Diana Smith, Jun 14, 2015
    Winterybella and claudine like this.
  8. Diana Smith

Winterybella - Homer had white hair on his head when he was a puppy:) It looked very funny!
    Diana Smith - Awww, your alpacas look super adorable!!!:D They're so fluffy and lovely!

I couldn't agree more, all dogs are beautiful:)

claudine, Jun 14, 2015
  9. Diana Smith

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They re sooooo beautiful!!!!!! Thanks for posting that pic!!!! I don't mean to abuse or anything, lol, but could you show us a pic of the crias? I bet they are even more cute than the parents, hehehe!

Trellum, Jun 14, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  10. Diana Smith

How small are young crias? Are they as small as dogs? I'd love to keep an alpaca as a pet. I know Michael Jckson used to have one;)
    Unfortunately, Homer hates sharing my attention;)

claudine, Jun 15, 2015
  11. Diana Smith

They are amazing. When I Googled them as I had never heard of them before, I saw some referred to as being sexy. I guess we can add these to the list. Claudine said that Michael had one? I thought I knew a lot about him and never realised that. I love these animals. They are heavenly to look at.

Winterybella, Jun 15, 2015
  12. Diana Smith

I remember watching an interview with Michael Jackson where he was petting his alpaca:) It was unbelievably cute!

Diana Smith - Today, when I was in a park, I saw a dog that looked exactly like Rocky:)

claudine, Jun 16, 2015
  13. Diana Smith

If I recall right alpacas are from south america, and there are only two different breeds of them. I still wonder if she raises them for their wool only or also for fun :p Honestly I'd do that if I could, lol.

Trellum, Jun 17, 2015
Ask a Question