I wonder if I can?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pugskjj, Jul 15, 2012.

1. pugskjj

pugskjj Well-Known Member

I am thinking about applying for a therapist license for my dog :rolleyes: I mean people have gotten social security cards and I recently saw a thing where a dog got called to jury duty...so why can't Kotton be a licensed therapist? She is REALLY good at it and has had lots of experience being stuck with me LOL

pugskjj, Jul 15, 2012
  2. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!! That would be funny to see you try. Maybe you should print up a fake diploma/license for her instead, and hang it on the wall, hehe.

Jessi, Jul 19, 2012
  3. pugskjj

zararina Well-Known Member

That could be a hit on YouTube and both of you might be featured on a TV news. :p
    She will have lots of clients especially dog lovers. Lol

zararina, Jul 22, 2012
  4. pugskjj

King Browny Well-Known Member

In fact you can. Kotton just has to pass a professional licensed training for therapy dog. I bet she would love to have her license and provide as much comfort to people as she can. Here’s a cheer to both of you! :D

King Browny, Jul 24, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  5. pugskjj

I have often thought of having her go into therapy dog training because she does have a very calming effect on everyone who meets her; she is so regal and tiny that you can't help but melt when you see her face. However, she would never pass the class because when she decides she likes you that is great, she can't get enough of you and will love you forever unconditionally. BUT...Kotton seems to NOT like men :rolleyes: She is ok with boys, but when their voices start to change she turns into Cujo!! She was raised with a boy in the house for 2 years and when his voice changed he couldn't come near her anymore!

pugskjj, Jul 24, 2012
  6. pugskjj

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's really odd. Did Kotton have such a bad experience with men? Are you planning to do anything to mitigate her enmity towards men?

Victor Leigh, Jul 25, 2012
  7. pugskjj

Kotton just really hasn't been around men much; I did her socialization but unfortunately left that crowd out quite unintentionally. She's ok with them until she hears their voices so I am guessing I need to get her around men with deep voices a bit more. We have been working with her since I moved and my upstairs neighbor/landlord is a really nice guy that just loves her so we shall see.

pugskjj, Jul 25, 2012
  8. pugskjj

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

How about trying this? Get some songs sung by men with deep voices and play the songs softly while you are hugging Kotton. Sort of like helping her to associate those deep manly voices with something pleasurable.

Victor Leigh, Jul 26, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  9. pugskjj

Pocs Well-Known Member

Amazing.. Too funny.. But I love the utube thing, or maybe a blog to show the entire step by step process..go for it!

Pocs, Jul 27, 2012
Ask a Question