I need advice

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Sacha, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Sacha

Sacha New Member

I have been given a 6 week old Weimaraner puppy his mommy stopped feeding the 10 pups at 2 weeks old. I have had Silver for two weeks now making him 8 weeks old today. I have been feeding him a weetbix in the morning and a half boiled chicken breast in the afternoon and he gets the other half at night and he eats pedigree puppy chunks throughout the day. My problem is his hip bones and rib bones are still very prominent and he looks way too thin. He has had his parvo shot and been dewormed at 6 weeks old. Last night I gave him some semi cooked chicken liver. Am I on the right track or am I doing something wrong after two weeks he still hasn't picked up weight and I am concerned. He is a grey and all his brothers and sisters are chocolate brown and they are picking up weight and looking good.
    Need some advice please

Sacha, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Sacha

Robert clarke New Member

It's important to ensure Silver gets a balanced diet. Consult your vet for guidance on proper puppy nutrition and weaning.

Consider high-quality puppy food and avoid bones. Establish a regular feeding schedule with 3-4 meals a day.

Monitor his weight and share concerns with your vet if there's no improvement.

Ensure access to clean water and provide socialization and mental stimulation.

Your love for Silver is evident; with the right care and vet advice, he can thrive.

Best wishes for Silver's health and happiness!

Robert clarke, Sep 23, 2023
  3. Sacha

ADILHUSSAIN084 Active Member

Of course! I'm here to help. Please feel free to share what you need advice on, and I'll do my best to provide guidance and information.

ADILHUSSAIN084, Oct 30, 2023
  4. Sacha

Salena-Roy New Member

You're doing your best for your Weimaraner pup, but it's good to check with the vet for a specific plan. At 8 weeks, try switching to balanced puppy food and gradually mix it with moistened kibble for easier chewing. Include veggies and cooked meat for variety. Keep an eye on his weight, and if you're still worried, consult the vet. It's a learning process, and with the right advice, your pup will start thriving.

Salena-Roy, Jan 14, 2024
Ask a Question