I love second chances!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yup, just like the second chance those pups got :) Isn't it amazing how some care and love can completely change a dog!?

[​IMG]

Trellum, Oct 20, 2015
    IcyBC and claudine like this.
  2. Trellum

Janet Ford Active Member

Incredible differences. It's heartwarming to see when people don't give up on them as lost causes and discover their inner beauty that comes shining through. I've rescued many animals over the years. Nothing else more rewarding.

Janet Ford, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a very heartwarming thread. I'm so, so happy for all those dogs! And so angry at people who let them starve and be lonely. Every dog deserves to be loved.
    Cedar looks completely different now!:)

claudine, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Trellum

Yes, Cedar is the dog that amazed me the most! He arrived all bald and skinny, but look how he left! He left looking like a totally different dog, I mean, I could never believe it's the same dog if it wasn't for the before and after pictures o_O

Trellum, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Trellum

Kudos to you for doing such a thing :) Did you find them a new home or did you keep most of them at home? I must say there were so many times I wanted to rescue a dog and a cat while growing up, but my mom was never the kind of person who liked to take chances :( Now I'll be living in a country where stray dogs and cats are unheard of... so I lost my chance.

Trellum, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am teary eyed right now. Granted it might have been teary eyed before but this just makes me teary in a good way. These stories really warm my heart. I would try to single out the one I like most but really I love them all. Oh...the Antigua story is close to home so that's nice.

Winterybella, Oct 23, 2015
  7. Trellum

This had the same effect on me :) I got teary eyed as well, pure joy :) It's nice to see something positive as this, I personally love this kind of compilations because they can teach us so much, about hope, second chances, love, etc.

Trellum, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am a firm believer that we humans can learn so much from the lives of dogs and animals generally. Second chances, hope, determination, commitment, loyalty and so many other things.

Winterybella, Oct 28, 2015
  9. Trellum

Me too. I've learnt a lot things from my dog, like for example the true meaning of friendship and loyalty. My dog has turned to be a better friend than the person who was supposed to be my best friend for many years and now won't talk to me.

Trellum, Oct 28, 2015
  10. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Wow..story likes this really restores my belief in human kindness. Granted it is also human that got these dogs to point of disgrace, but there are some big hearts out there! They are all beautiful dogs in the end.

IcyBC, Oct 30, 2015
  11. Trellum

Exactly, I could never believe it's the same dog either. He changed so much, it's unbelievable and truly amazing. I'm so very happy for him:) In the second picture he looks like he's smiling:D

claudine, Oct 30, 2015
  12. Trellum

KimmyMarkks Active Member

Wow, these kinds of photos always make me so emotional. There are so many dogs out there that need a loving home. I am such an advocate for adopting animals. Over the years I adopted 5 animals from various shelters. My first dog was almost 2 when we brought her home. She was by far the best animal I've ever had. She was so grateful and such a loving dog. The pound didn't know for sure where she came from but they thought she had been abused. Being able to offer her a second chance was one of the best things I've done.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  13. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

Every creature on this planet deserves a chance. Animals more than people, though, because they use their instincts and senses to do things in their lives. If a dog attack someone it is because his senses told him he is in danger, he reacted following his instincts. People on the other hand make reasonable plans to hurt someone. I am very happy when i see a happy dog who got that second chance.

Djordje87, Nov 26, 2015
  14. Trellum

I couldn't agree more Djordje87. Dogs are never evil. Sure, they can harm someone, but they don't do it on purpose. People are different. We can do horrible things just for fun:(
    My little Yorkie gets angry easily, but I know this is my fault, I haven't trained him well.

claudine, Dec 18, 2015
Ask a Question