I am so glad to have an off topic forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pugskjj, Jul 15, 2012.

1. pugskjj

pugskjj Well-Known Member

I just had to brag to someone that I finally got my first deep fryer, and it is a Gordon Ramsay one!! I can't wait to try the recipes he included with the fryer. It is surprisingly inexpensive at Kmart (I think only Kmart can sell it) where they have a whole line of Gordon Ramsay kitchenware. Could I get any more off topic? LOL Got any recipes???

pugskjj, Jul 15, 2012
  2. pugskjj

zararina Well-Known Member

Congrats for having your new deep fryer. Lol
    I do not have any recipe but was just thinking about fries and fried chicken at this moment. :p

zararina, Jul 17, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  3. pugskjj

Shepherd Well-Known Member

It is very unhealthy (but I mean, hey, we are talking about a deep fryer- haha!) but I love deep fried Oreos. They are one of my favorite foods to eat at fairs and carnivals. I look forward to most festivals every year just so that I can have a batch of deep friend Oreos. Yum!

Basically, you roll an oreo in pancake batter and then put it in your deep fryer. Some people sprinkle powdered sugar on top, but I think it is sweet enough without it.

Enjoy your new deep fryer, and be careful!

Shepherd, Jul 17, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  4. pugskjj

LOL I had fries yesterday...and chicken nuggets fried instead of cooked in the oven!! Today I am going to try Chef Ramsay's recipe for Snicker Balls (it uses regular canned biscuits!!!) I'd share but...who am I kidding it is chocolate, I won't share :p

But I will share the recipe:

1 can of refrigerated biscuits
    20 1x1 snicker pieces
    1 packet of hot chocolate

Preheat oil to 340 degrees F
    Separate dough into biscuits, cut each in half and flatten
    Place 1 piece Snickers in the center of each and pull the edges around the candy and seal tightly on top
    Cook 2 to 4 minutes and turn halfway through (?)
    After cooking dust with the hot chocolate
    Best when eaten while warm

pugskjj, Jul 17, 2012
    Becky and Shepherd like this.
  5. pugskjj

OK Shepard now I am going to have to try that one!! I will save that for next week's treat; I try not to eat chocolate too much but I see it as healthy since I have hypoglycemia and NEED the sugar LOL

pugskjj, Jul 17, 2012
  6. pugskjj

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Wow, those snicker balls sound awesome. I may have to try to make some for the next BBQ my friends host.

I am not familiar with the term "hypoglycemia" so I had to look it up. I have problems with my blood sugar as well, but my doctor has never used that term to describe my condition. I usually carry little bags of trail mix with me in my backpack or purse to classes to help curve the problem.

Shepherd, Jul 18, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  7. pugskjj

Becky Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness they sound delish! I'd better not get a frier it would be extremely detrimental to my health given my lack of willpower!! :D

Becky, Jul 19, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  8. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

So uh, I really want those Snickers balls. Like...yesterday, lol. I'm really going to have to try them because that's the kind of dish that is so insanely easy that I can't find an excuse not to try it, ha.

Jessi, Jul 19, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  9. pugskjj

LOL Tonight was Fried chicken strips and for desert we are making the snickers balls!!! Breakfast tomorrow? donuts LOL I am going to have major issues with my cholesterol, maybe I should have my doc take my blood tomorrow so I can avoid the lecture for a bit.

pugskjj, Jul 20, 2012
  10. pugskjj

Pocs Well-Known Member

Yum fried foods... And I love Gordon Ramsey, I watch all his shows. That being said, fry baby fry. There is nothing like some good fried food of any kind. Moderation is the key. Food is the one thing we can make our own, the way we like it. I don't believe you have to stay away from food because it may or may not be bad, moderation..

And pugskjj, if you think your cholesterol may be up try oatmeal or cherrieos for breakfast.

Pocs, Jul 27, 2012
  11. pugskjj

King Browny Well-Known Member

Gordon Ramsay of Hell's Kitchen! I don't think I'll ever survive in that show but nevertheless I love the guy. And all the food talk makes me hungry. What's next on Chef Ramsay's recipe that you'll try next?

King Browny, Jul 30, 2012
  12. pugskjj

LOL I love chef Ramsay, I have never missed an episode of Hell's Kitchen! I just started watching Master Chef this year though. I tried the Deep Fried Broccoli last week and it was GOOD!!!! Today I am going to try his donuts...using just regular canned biscuits!

pugskjj, Jul 30, 2012
  13. pugskjj

Pocs Well-Known Member

I would love to be a contestant on either Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen. The abuse would be worth it to get a chance to cook along side of him or even pick up a few tips. I would die if he said one of my recipes was quite good or he said excellent job on the fish. Some of this punishments are pretty brutal though.

Pocs, Jul 30, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  14. pugskjj

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I suppose if you were to post a threat titled "Can't Wait To Try Out My New Deep Fryer!" in the Dog forum, that probably would raise a few eyebrows, not to mention raise some concern, lol.

They had the Gordon Ramsay stuff at our Kmart about a year ago, but I noticed now they are carrying a Sandra Lee line of products.

OhioTom76, Sep 24, 2012
Ask a Question