I am a new owner of two shih tzu puppies and new to the breed.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Suzanne, May 11, 2018.

1. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Hi, I have two 5 month old Shih Tzu puppies. So far it has been very enjoyable and lots of work. One of my puppies seems to be house broken maybe or just large bladder. The other one seems to hold it all night and then goes about 5 seconds first thing after waking up. Then in 5 minutes she will go again a few minutes, and then again sometimes . I just took her to the vet to be spayed and told the vet about this problem. She sent home an antibiotic since she could not get urine sample. I hope it will clear up the problem but was wondering if any of you had this problem and also how you house broke your dogs. Also, how long it took to have them fully housebroken. Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to talking to you all. I lost a 14 year old Pekingese last year that I loved dearly so looking forward to learning about this breed. Suzanne

Suzanne, May 11, 2018
  2. Suzanne

Becky Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to hear about the bladder problems in one of your puppies, sounds like the best course of action would be to let the antibiotics do their job and see if there's still a problem afterwards.

Becky, May 14, 2018
Ask a Question