Hypoallergenic dog breeds?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by tajnz, Jun 2, 2012.

1. tajnz

nikki Well-Known Member

Gigi is a havanese, she is a 100% hypoallergenic dog and does not shed at all. I am actually very allergic to dogs even Shih Tzus can spark some itchy watery eyes however for some reason the Havanese do not. They are a silly breed too. Like curious children with loads of personality! Just be prepared for mood swings and fragile feelings.

nikki, Aug 13, 2012
  2. tajnz

mkCampbell Active Member

Thanks for the list! That's some great information as it seems my allergies have been getting worse over the years. I've always had problems with cats but when it's time for our next dog I'll refer to the list you provided. Thanks!

mkCampbell, Jun 29, 2015
  3. tajnz

claudine Well-Known Member

I see that Yorkshire Terriers are on the list:D Yorkies really are hypoallergenic, this is the main reason why we got one:)

claudine, Jul 1, 2015
  4. tajnz

IcyBC Well-Known Member

This a great list to know! My nephew, 11, loves to have a dog but he is super sensitive with them. He breaks out in hives, and itches. So if the subject come up that he wants to have a dog, I will suggest these different breeds to his parents. Thanks everyone!

IcyBC, Nov 10, 2015
  5. tajnz

claudine Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't think his parents should get him a Yorkshire Terrier. Yorkies are hypoallergenic, but they're very impatient and aggressive little dogs. Most of them don't like children. My Homer dosn't. Kids annoy him more than anything.

claudine, Nov 12, 2015
Ask a Question